Senior Software Quality Engineer
How you'll add value:
- The essential functions include the following and additional duties may be assigned when needed:
- Carry out the day to day operations of the Quality Process.
- Participate in the creation of the testing strategy and testing requirements for Stories and Defects.
- Communicate with others on the status and risks of the test effort in detail
- Participate in Sprint Planning and Backlog Grooming.
- Act as the team’s quality subject matter expert.
- Test functionality of the application and verify defect resolution.
- Create automated Test Cases.
- Diagnose issues, report defects, and propose additional tests to surface issues.
- Help build a test-driven, quality culture that drives improvements in the Quality Process.
- Identify opportunities improve the efficiency and effectiveness of quality process.
- Partner across teams to leverage automation to support better reliability and scalability.
- Help with the creation and maintenance of data sets for testing, as needed.
- Ensure the appropriate level of test documentation and test artifacts to support trace-ability.
- Use team tools, such as Jira, Zephyr, Bitbucket, Visual Studio, Cypress, and Specflow, as required
What you'll need to be successful in this role:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of software testing experience
- Comprehensive understanding of SDLC, STLC, and Agile.
- Deep knowledge of software quality assurance practices and methodologies, especially as applied in Agile.
- Thorough understanding of test automation and the various test levels (Unit, Integration, Service, UI, System, etc.) and the ability to identify opportunities for automated testing within the development and deployment cycles.
- Solid test strategy and test case development from user stories.
- Ability to skillfully troubleshoot to determine the root cause of issues; translate that into bug reports.
- Test Case automation using industry standard frameworks.
- Experience with Black and White Box Testing.
- Experience with databases, enterprise software|Saas|mobile, and cloud computing.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and analytical.
- Has a collaborative and flexible working style. Be a team player.
- Is efficient and prompt with deadlines and deliverables. Be accountable.
- Can work independently and is highly motivated. Be professional.
- Knows when to ask for help or to escalate to next level manager. Be humble.
- Exhibits excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Be a diplomat.
- Is a champion for quality and Agile practices. Preach quality.
- Brings the sum total of their knowledge and experience. Be a contributor.
R365 Team Member Perks & Benefits
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- 401k + matching
- Team member stock options
- Phone & internet reimbursement
- Unlimited PTO + Company holidays
- Weekly catered lunches + snacks
- Wellness initiatives
- Philanthropy events
Why Join our amazing team?
- We're a family who prides themselves in creating innovative solutions and producing quality work.
- Our product is the secret ingredient that makes a real difference to restaurants nationwide.
- The open concept work environment that we've created is causal, collaborative and cultivates communication.