Senior Software Reliability Engineer- Duo Security at Duo Security
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:11 a.m. (CST) on Friday, October 15, 2021
Senior Software Reliability Engineer- Duo SecurityDuo Security, now a part of Cisco, is the leading provider of Trusted Access security and multi-factor authentication delivered through the cloud.Duo + Cisco = Disco With the Most Loved Company in Security and the global leader in network technology joining forces, there are more exciting opportunities than ever to be at the forefront of securing the cloud. Our mission is simple: democratize security by making it easy and effective for everyone. We're transforming security from the ground up by solving the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge - safe, secure information access. We engineer our business to enable our customers to easily address their ever-evolving security challenges. We believe that impactful work is rewarding work and that our team is at its best when everyone feels empowered to bring their whole self to work. We learn together by hiring for cultural contribution, not cultural fit, and recognize that diversity in background and thought are essential to building high-impact teams. We invest in growth and learning opportunities and encourage our people to never stop learning. We foster collaboration and believe in being recognized (and rewarded!) for hard work. We champion a healthy work-life balance. We're kinder than necessary. Together we build for the future by designing simple solutions for complex problems. And that's why we're the most loved and trusted name in security.Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge - transforming the security industry as we know it. Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that's why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.As a Software Engineer on our Site Reliability Engineering team, you will develop software and tools to empower Duo's product development teams to maintain software releases quickly and smoothly. You will collaborate with a wide range of internal partners to engineer automated solutions in an effort to remove toil and enhance stability for a variety of infrastructure, with an emphasis on scalability. You will face challenges that require an engineering mindset and a desire to automate everything possible.Things you can do...
- You can help guide decisions that pave the way for future evolutions of your organization
- You can be responsible for solving complex, mission-critical problems with an approach that lasts
- You can own large mission-critical projects
- You enjoy leading technical decisions
- You are able to clearly communicate technical issues to a broad audience
- You seek out collaboration with other functional areas to design and build solutions
- You can lead initiatives across functional areas
- You can Collaborate with and Influence engineers and demonstrate impact in an organization
- You can Design and own Technical Solutions for broad or complex requirements with insightful and strategic approaches
- History of writing Performant, Maintainable, Testable code
- You are passionate about automation and reducing Toil
- You are committed to Quality and experienced with modern software testing practices
- You care about contributing to an Amazing Work Culture and Environment
- Prior experience with automated configuration tools like Ansible and Terraform
- Prior experience deploying Cloud Services, Monitoring, Alerting, and Handling Escalations
- Prior experience with Container Orchestration including Kubernetes, Helm Charts, and Docker
- You have experience supporting a High-Availability SaaS environment
- You work well in charting new DevOps practices without a well-defined roadmap
- You've seen the news!
- Cybersecurity is the biggest issue of our time, and you want to make a difference.
- You thrive having the Autonomy to operate in a meaningful problem space solving real problems for real people
- You love Collaborating with, Teaching, and Learning from High-Performing Peers on software projects
- You only code alone and aren't willing to mentor and be mentored.
- You lack a real passion for writing high-quality secure software that is backed by an equally mature approach to testing.
- You stress under the ambiguity of a problem and default to others to provide you with the answers.
- Your first instinct is to point out why something can't be done rather than focusing on what the customer problem is.
- You tire at the thought of a steady, deliberate pace in both a product and company.