(Senior Staff) Full Stack Engineer
Civitas Learning is bringing together the best of new technology, design thinking, and data science in our mission to help one million more students graduate each year. We are building a data platform and cloud-based applications to deliver insights and action analytics to the frontlines of education. We are looking for insanely talented people who want to jump in and roll up their sleeves with us to make it all happen, and do their best work of their careers.
We are looking for a seasoned Engineer to be part of a talented, mission driven team that is building powerful tools which greatly increase student success. Our engineers are collaborative and are encouraged to bring new ideas to the table - we are not dogmatic about specific tools and are focused on using the right tools for the job. We are problem solvers. We want to work with people who are passionate about our mission and have a desire to be part of a rapidly expanding high performance team.
- Build and maintain focused, scalable, maintainable web applications from the browser through backend microservices all the way to the database layer
- Build and maintain a successful collaborative relationships with groups outside of engineering including Data Science/Engineering, Product Management, Operations, and Customer Success
- Grow or transform current platforms and products that incrementally build out our technical vision that adapts to new customer needs and enables a sustainable innovation cycle across all stages of the pipeline.
- Lead other talented engineers in software engineering design and best practices with a focus on scalability, performance, and maintainability.
- Help grow the team by interviewing and recruiting other engineers
- BS in Computer Science or a related field
- 6+ years software engineering
- Experience in designing and building RESTful, multi-tenant services
- Experience in designing and building modern scalable customer facing interfaces
- Experience in Agile development practices (e.g. Scrum, etc.).
Must have expertise in some of the following:
- REST API design
- RDBMS (PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, etc.), being proficient with SQL
Experience with some of the following is a huge bonus:
- Spring based microservices/Spring Boot
- Web accessibility
- Git (or other modern source control)
- Build Management (Gradle, Maven,etc)
- Runtime Configuration Management (e.g. 12 Factor Apps)
- Continuous Build Systems (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc)
- Containers and related technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, etc.)
- Secure development practices
About Civitas Learning:
Civitas Learning helps colleges and universities harness the power of their student data to improve student success outcomes. We embed actionable intelligence in workflow tools so higher education can focus their student success strategies, deliver proactive care, inspire holistic advising, and quickly measure what’s working for whom. With our platform, software and services, our customers empower leaders, advisors, faculty, & students to measurably improve enrollment, persistence, and graduation outcomes.
Today, we work with 375 colleges and universities, serving nearly 8 million students. Together with our growing community of customers, we are making the most of the world’s learning data to help graduate a million more students per year by 2025. For more information, visit: www.civitaslearning.com.
Civitas Learning is located in the heart of downtown Austin, directly across from Lady Bird Lake and the Austin Hike and Bike Trail. Civitas offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, onsite paid parking, 401-K Program and a flexible paid time off policy. Civitas Learning is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.