Senior Staff Software Engineer (Consumer Graph Data)
Valassis Digital is a leading digital marketing intelligence company, providing a best-in-class data management platform and unmatched targeting capabilities. The Valassis Consumer Graph™ contributes to this success by combining online and offline data with predictive and geospatial analytics to provide a 360-degree view of consumers’ lives.
We are seeking an outstanding Senior Staff Software Engineer to help build the Valassis Consumer Graph™ data products. You’ll be joining a talented team that owns creating systems for mapping and analyzing online behaviors against physical locations, measuring interest and purchase intent through analysis of online and offline data, and building the data products that pull together this combined intelligence into the Valassis Consumer Graph™
Things You Might Do On A Normal Day
- Design and implement a Scala/Spark job to efficiently map online observations to physical locations
- Collaborate on a new algorithm to identify relationships between online observations
- Work with the data science team to bring a python Jupyter notebook into production
- Analyze third-party data to determine potential business value
- Refactor existing data products to improve data loading times
- Debug and resolve a key-skew issue impacting a production Spark job
- Collaborate with the engineering team to solve complex problems
- Design and develop high-performance data processing libraries using Scala and Apache Spark
- Vocally advocate for well designed, high quality code
- Provide meaningful code and design reviews
- Lead initiatives that cross functional and team boundaries
- Leave the codebase better than you found it
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly
- Experience working with data using Apache Spark
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a party of a team
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- At least 6 years of relevant development experience
- Excellent object-oriented or functional programming skills
Technologies We Use
- Scala, Python, Java, Jupyter
- Spark, Ignite, Kafka, PostgresSQL, Hadoop
- Ansible, Rundeck, Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins
WHO WE ARE
Valassis Digital is a leading digital marketing intelligence company, providing a best-in-class data management platform and online and offline targeting capabilities that fuels superior display advertising and expanded media offerings, such as in-store campaign solutions, for advertising clients. Through proprietary technology, Valassis Digital creates meaningful marketing and advertising impact for businesses – from planning, delivery, and attribution. Valassis Digital taps into meaningful, actionable insights that drive better campaign performance.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Valassis Digital offers a generous total rewards benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k matching, long-term cash incentives program, and PTO allowance. A wide variety of additional benefits like life insurance, employee assistance and pet insurance are also available!
Valassis Digital considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. In addition, Valassis Digital will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance with completing the online application process, please contact [email protected].