Senior Support Engineer, Bitbucket Cloud at Atlassian
We're looking for a Senior Technical Support Engineer to join our growing support team with the goal of making our customer's experience awesome! If you love obsessing over the customer's end-to-end experience, solving the deepest and gnarliest tech problems, working with all types of customers from around the world, and thrive on variety, this job has it all in spades. This isn't your typical support gig. You will not only provide a legendary experience to our customers yourself, you will also coach and help your team do the same, plus so much more. You'll interact with a wide range of customer segments, from start-ups to Fortune 500 corporations, to help identify and resolve product issues. Atlassian is a growing company and there's a lot of opportunity to work with a broad range of technologies, people, and products.
Our Cloud Support team is passionate about providing support and product expertise to our Standard and Premium customers. You will be part of a team of engineers improving our support capabilities and quality for our Cloud customers. You will work with product specialists within Bitbucket to support our customer base.
A Senior Support Engineer is a highly proficient engineer who resolves all types of issues and enables the team to deliver the best end-to-end customer experience. They identify operational trends and work with cross-functional teams to drive product improvements and key support initiatives. You are the go-to person for any technical challenge raised by the team.
You and your team will be responsible for providing Atlassian's legendary customer service through professional written and verbal communication with customers in various types of roles. The Senior Technical Support Engineer is responsible for helping define best practices and improving methods to benefit user experience while building internal relationships with our development and product management teams to help communicate the needs and urgency of our customers. You will perform case reviews to identify trends and improvement areas and define action plans for support engineers. You will have mastered the ability to multi-task with regular interruptions while prioritizing workload, including strategic projects, and monitoring queue health. One of your top priorities is developing your team in becoming highly skilled support engineers with subject matter expertise in all types of technologies across our Cloud version control products. Above all, you are truly motivated by customer success!
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- A passion for providing legendary service to our customers using Bitbucket Cloud.
- We're looking for individuals who can self-organize, adapt quickly, resourceful, resilient, have fast learning ability, growth mindset, systems thinking, and a solution-based approach.
- The ability to diagnose and fix technical issues in a timely manner and help customers get the most out of our products.
- You have 5+ years of work experience in a highly technical environment with customer-facing (internal and external) responsibilities
- Advanced experience with IT Operations, Application Support, Cloud technologies, operating systems.
More about you:
- Experience with Git is a must!
- Network troubleshooting
- Collecting and analyzing Server Logs (experience with Splunk / Kibana)
- Rest API (understanding different methods and working with Raw Data - troubleshooting)
- Familiarity with CI/CD
- Experience working with AWS (EC2, S3, RDS), or other SaaS environments.
- Development or scripting experience in a major language (e.g: Python, Ruby) is a huge plus.
- Strong Operating Systems knowledge (e.g: Linux, OSX, Windows).
- Familiarity with database concepts (e.g., Oracle, SQL Server or Postgress).
- Strong networking knowledge and troubleshooting skills.
- Exceptional soft skills for both external, and internal communication.
- Demonstrated ability to detect and diagnose complex and critical technical issues effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to learn and teach new technologies as required.
- Strong degree of empathy for the customer experience.
- Great people networking skills - most probably you knew pretty much everybody in your previous company!
- You value high-quality work with attention to detail and have a track record of delivering both.
- You combine curiosity, judgment, and drive, and like asking "why" to unravel complex problems
- You learn quickly, keep pace with rapid evolution, and deliver outcomes.
- You can take an ambiguous assignment and deliver value quickly; employing multiple tools, methods, and techniques to get things done.
- You bring order and focus while leaving room for flexibility and innovation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated experience.
- 3+ years technical support experience OR 3+ years sysadmin employment history in a similar product environment.
In this role you will:
- Own escalations, driving points of friction to resolution, making sure the customer experience is protected. Showing initiative to take immediate action when confronted with a problem and proactively work on potential solutions.
- You leverage your operational experience to identify trends, drive team tactics and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
- With insights gathered through handling Internal Escalations and case reviews, you help develop the team by conducting brown bags and delivering feedback.
- You are a role model of Atlassian values and culture, actively shaping and inspiring people around them.
- You will drive collaborative discussions within the team, challenge thought processes, and encourage peers to see them through.
- Understand customer use cases, perform troubleshooting, devise and implement workarounds to product bugs.
- Work with APIs, Atlassian product Integrations and 3rd party products to make recommendations to resolve customer issues.
- Periodically collaborate to develop and implement operational improvements. Also, you may be asked to represent Atlassian at events (Technical conferences, Meetups, etc.).
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .