Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We're passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
Adobe Commerce Customer Engineering is looking for a Senior Support Software Engineer to join our level two support engineering team. This is not your typical software development position. In your day-to-day work, you can expect to be part of a highly collaborative team in a Kanban environment, picking up advanced technical issues from Jira, discovering the cause and providing high-quality recommendations to our merchants. If you love solving problems, then you will find this an extremely exciting position with exposure to a high degree of complexity and scale. You can also expect to spend part of your time on automation and tooling, as we are not merely content with solving issues, but in consistently improving our capabilities to preempt them.
We operate a platform powered by Magento that includes client experience, build and deploy analysis, production applications, and infrastructure. At Adobe Commerce, we have a strong history of delivering successful open-source software projects.
What you'll Do
- Work on complicated issues with live cloud server environments and provide application configuration and tuning recommendations for optimal performance.
- Seek solutions for complex application logic issues and drive ownership of tasks toward completion.
- Deep debugging of Adobe Commerce (Magento) projects.
- Actively participate in architectural discussions and propose solutions to system and product changes cross teams.
- Identify and drive application improvements and modifications to support the project delivery.
- Cross-team collaboration and communication.
- Develop and maintain automation tools for team needs.
- Review code and provide technical mentorship to team members.
- Communicate to Internal and External developers, community members and merchants.
- Available for on-call rotation, work off hours, holiday and weekend hours as required.
What you need to succeed
- 5+ years' experience in web development.
- Excellent developer knowledge of PHP7 and Object-oriented programming.
- Experience with SQL Databases (MySQL).
- Working experience with AWS, ElasticSearch, Redis, Linux, Docker and Jenkins.
- Experience with Version Control Systems (Git).
- Familiarity with Agile/Kanban.
- Comfortable working on problems directly with customers and prioritizing your own workload while aligning to business goals.
- Self-motivated, with ability and interest in learning new technologies and adapting quickly to new requirements and environments.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, demonstrating the ability to effectively convey technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- 3+ years' experience with Magento framework is a huge plus.
- Exposure to New Relic beneficial but not required.