Senior Systems Engineer, Deployment
Blackbaud is seeking a Senior System Engineer for our App Management team to work among a passionate team responsible for fast and effective operations support and for engineering innovative infrastructure and application solutions with increasing reliability, scalability, supportability and security. You will play an instrumental role in our journey to a public cloud model while also sustaining a high level of quality in our current co-located data centers, responsible for both cloud-based and physical infrastructure and application solutions. You’ll use your advanced technology and automation skills to meet the demands of rapidly evolving technologies, while relentlessly pursuing opportunities to advance our operational effectiveness and increase customer satisfaction.
The Application Management Team is accountable for the day-to-day service operations, activities, processes, and infrastructure. They specialize in Release and Deployment Management, Service Request Fulfillment, and Incident Management; while also contributing to the organization's Capacity Management, Information Security Management, Change Management, Asset and Configuration Management, and Problem Management to help drive continual process improvement across service strategy, design, and transition.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for the overall health and stability of supported applications, systems and environments by proactively monitoring and responding to events.
- Standardize and automate change, validation, and deployment processes to increase efficiency and reduce risk, complexity, waste and cost.
- Proactively monitor capacity and performance management measures to ensure quality and support business growth.
- Drive incident response focused on restoration of service, followed by pursuit of root cause and permanent resolution.
- Monitor and remediate critical SCOM alerts identified by the Operations Center
- Contribute to the PowerShell Script repository\library to help improve automation
- Keep up with industry trends and effectively adapt to demands to rapidly evolving technologies.
What we’ll want you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology or equivalent related work experience required.
- Demonstrative experience in Windows Server and IIS Administration Fundamentals, and managing Citrix XenApp, VMware vSphere, & Active Directory environments
- Working knowledge of SQL Server, Always On Failover Cluster Instances, Availability Groups, and System Center Operations Manager preferred.
- Practical experience with PowerShell, Perl, Python, TCL/TK, Ruby or equivalent technologies required.
- A minimum of 5 years in the implementation of cloud technologies and an understanding of SAAS, PAAS, and IAAS models preferred (Microsoft Azure preferred)
- Practical experience with ITIL or ISO27001 required; lean and agile methodologies preferred
- Available on a 24x7x365 basis when needed for production impacting incidents or key customer events.