Senior Technical Architect at WP Engine
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.What is cool about this job
Started in Austin, Texas by well-known serial entrepreneur Jason Cohen (@asmartbear), WP Engine has maintained its gutsy startup roots while experiencing spectacular growth as a consequence of our focus on our customers. Our growth provides many opportunities to solve hard problems at scale and to deliver new products that continue to make WP Engine the platform of choice for online agility.
We are searching for an experienced software architect to join our fast-growing Product & Engineering team to help lead our microservices transition. In service of our customers, you will partner with teams of engineers across the company to unlock innovation in our platform. Bring your zeal for the web and help us invent the future of digital.
Are you a smart engineer, an excellent communicator, and an inspirational teacher? You may be the architect that we are looking for.The day to day
- Research and evaluate new technologies; develop recommendations for adoption or non-adoption of those technologies.
- Design, validate, and communicate macro-architecture for engineering teams to reference and develop toward.
- Review designs from others and provide constructive feedback.
- Lead by example and influence the organization to continuously improve our technology stack.
- Work with product management to understand new product requirements. Provide some options for architectural approaches that make different trade-offs.
- Collaborate with partners, both internal and external, to ensure requirements are understood and met by the systems we build.
- Track record of large scale system design and integration through microservices; including migrating from monolithic architecture to microservices.
- Experience leading teams in crafting and writing high quality, maintainable, deployable, testable, and highly usable software applications (in any language).
- Shown history of continuous learning and motivation to stay at the forefront of technology trends.
- Natural problem solving abilities, an inquisitive personality, and an eagerness to embrace the challenge of big problems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to influence peers.
- You are passionate about working alongside customers to gauge what solution best fits their needs.
- Have previously been part of a microservices architecture implementation.
- Experience working with complex, large-scale public cloud deployments hosted across international data centers.
- Production experience with containerization technologies (Docker and Kubernetes), microservices, and service meshes (e.g,. Istio).
- Experience solving problems with multi-tenancy and distributed systems at scale in the cloud.
- Proficient programming in Python and Go.
- Familiarity with REST, gRPC, and GraphQL protocols.
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD, and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn’t like time off?)
- Transportation (24x7 Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement)
- Lunch (Provided Monday – Thursday)
- Gym membership discount
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person outstanding. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.