Senior UI Engineer (Remote OK to the right Candidate) at ActiveProspect, Inc.
ActiveProspect is an Austin-based marketing SaaS company that has been in business since 2004. Our suite of real-time lead optimization and compliance products is designed for companies engaged in online lead generation. Companies use LeadConduit, TrustedForm and SuppressionList to filter out unwanted leads, document compliance, and improve conversion rates. We’ve proudly processed over 2B leads for well known brands across a variety of industries!
ActiveProspect is seeking a Senior UI Engineer. As a Senior UI Engineer at ActiveProspect, you'll play a vital role in the ongoing design and development of LeadConduit, one of our flagship products. Its web UI was originally built with AngularJS and is now partially built with Vue.js; the person in this role will be an integral part of helping build new features in Vue.js and completing the migration away from AngularJS.
We're a small team, where every developer has a say in the direction of our products, company, and culture. You would help us decide what we build, and how we build it.
We're looking for the kind of developer who notices every detail but doesn't lose sight of the big picture, the type of designer who can't help critiquing and analyzing every web experience.
- Work closely (and in constant communication) with a small team of front-end and back-end engineers to build customer-facing interfaces in Vue.js and ES6
- Provide insight into front-end technologies and work as a team to make architectural designs about our single-page applications
- Ship clean, well-tested code to production on a weekly basis
- Participate in planning to iterate and continuously improve the product
- Review others’ code in frequent code review as well as mentor junior engineers as necessary
- Proactively work with Director of Engineering to provide accurate time estimates for new feature creation
- Work diligently to adhere to timelines and proactively alert Director of Engineering if there are issues meeting the deadline
To succeed in this role you'll need:
- Strong experience with one or more front-end testing frameworks (Jest, Mocha)
- Expert knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Familiarity with responsive design and implementation
- The willingness to make your case in design and development decisions
- The ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical colleagues alike
Bonus points for experience/and or interest in:
- Metrics and the ability to use metrics to inform product and UX
- working in a SaaS environment
Benefits and Perks:
- A financially stable company, with the freedom and opportunities of a startup culture
- Flexible work schedule
- Unlimited PTO
- Live Music Capital Holiday
- Beautiful office space in Hyde Park (close to Central Market and Hyde Park Gym)
- Paid attendance to one tech conference of your choosing per year
- Retirement plan matching up to 3% of your salary
- Company subsidized health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- Fun office environment with Ping pong table, kegerator, and snacks
- Remote employment is an option for this position for the right candidate