Senior UI Engineer at Care.com
Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, team players, and big thinkers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI, and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you thrive on collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.
What Your Days Will be Like:
You are a highly motivated, product-focused UI engineer. You enjoy participating in large modernization initiatives. You thrive on honing your skills to adapt new technologies and working outside of your comfort zone. You are comfortable being responsible for analysis, design, coding, testing, deployment, and evolving a product in a fast-paced, test and learn environment. You understand the “why” of building software products is just as important as the “how”.
What Your Days Will Be Like:
- Collaborate with design, product management, the creative team, marketing to understand business requirements and desired front-end functionality.
- Provide expert guidance on developing modern web applications.
- Strive for effortless and accessible experiences that delights customers.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Extensive experience with React/Vue or similar frameworks.
- Experience with mobile first-web development
- Experience with GraphQL
- Ability to work within a UI framework (Bootstrap)
- Comfortable with a node-based development workflow (Gulp / Bower / npm)
- Experience with CSS preprocessors (LESS)
- Ability to thrive as part of a multi-site development team
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
For a list of our Perks + Benefits, click here!
**Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Care.com is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to [email protected]**
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families, to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).