The Core Business team at RetailMeNot is responsible for the flagship www.retailmenot.com consumer website for both desktop and mobile users. We help over 35MM visitors per month save money and discover great deals at their favorite retailers. The team is consistently delivering new features to better engage its customers and outpace competitors. We iterate via frequent A/B testing to innovate with speed and confidence.
This team is integral to the RetailMeNot business, so we rely on engineers who can deliver results by understanding the consumer, the business, and the technology needed to serve up a high-traffic website. The site was recently re-launched on a modernized web UI stack using React, GraphQL, Node, Express, and Kubernetes, so we are looking for technical leaders to join the team and build on this success to drive the next generation of growth in the core business.
As a Senior UI Software Engineer on the team your daily activities will include mentorship, code reviews, design and collaboration with product managers, and delivery of key pieces of functionality. As new technologies emerge in the rapidly evolving web UI landscape we need your insightful advocacy to keep abreast of changes and drive evolution of the platform. Your team will include fellow UI engineers, backend specialists, full stack coders, and test engineers all working closely together.
If you’re someone who enjoys taking on new challenges, working in a fast-paced environment, learning new skills, and applying it all to solve large and impactful business problems then we would love to have you join us.
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent STEM field, or equivalent work experience.
- You understanding site performance, and how to make a fast page even faster.
- You build experiences for users that span their many devices and intents.
- You have an understanding of AWS and cloud architectures/services
- You have a strong desire to learn new technologies and methods, staying up to date on modern frameworks and libraries.
- You love solving big problems at scale.
- You have made mistakes along the way, but you learned from them.
What You'll Do
- You will participate in the overall system design and architecture.
- You will be a mentor to team members.
- You will advocate to continually improve quality and engineering practices.
- You'll implement and maintain a new responsive design using a modern client-side framework.
- You will investigate new technologies and tools and recommend those that best fit the team and organization.
- You will champion automation: testing, tools improvement, process automation and innovation.
Who We Are
- We have an open environment where engineers are given a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact.
- We have lots of smart people to work with and learn from.
- We work on large scale challenges with a variety of technologies and believe in an ever-growing diversity of technology platforms.
- We'll provide you with food, food, and more food.
- We believe in giving prizes, bonuses, and recognition for doing what you enjoy.
- We have a phenomenal open vacation policy.
- We provide cell phone and fitness reimbursements (plus free parking downtown!).
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week
*Some rewards do not apply to contract workers or interns.
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading savings destination bringing people and the things they love together through savings with retailers, brands, restaurants and pharmacies. RetailMeNot makes everyday life more affordable through online and in-store coupon codes, cash back offers, discount gift cards, and the RetailMeNot Genie browser extension. Savings are also provided in consumers’ mailboxes through the RetailMeNot Everyday™ direct mail package, and at the pharmacy with RxSaver by RetailMeNot.
RetailMeNot is a wholly owned subsidiary of Harland Clarke Holdings. http://www.retailmenot.com/corp or follow @RetailMeNot on social media.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at RetailMeNot, Inc. are considered without regards to race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected classification. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.