The Travel Technology team at Red Ventures brings the experience of travel to life by architecting and building innovative, reliable, and quality software solutions for our consumer-facing web and mobile applications.We are looking for a Senior Vice President of Engineering to define and deliver a vision for innovation and application modernization, ways to incorporate new technologies, and powerful, informative experiences for our users. The portfolio of businesses within Travel include: The Points Guy, Lonely Planet and ExpertFlyer.
As Senior Vice President of Engineering of our Travel organization, you will be responsible for continuing to transform and drive engineering and operational excellence for the growth of the business at a healthy trajectory while balancing the need to find efficiencies across the organization. All business and technical leaders at Red Ventures in product and engineering, are analytical, creative, and collaborative. We are passionate about data and drive for simplicity. A successful technical leader will lead through data and insights, obsess about customer outcomes in every decision she/he makes, and lead by developing the trust and respect of teammates.
What You’ll Do:
- Directly manage and mentor a team of engineering leaders to broaden their skills, increase their day-to-day effectiveness, and ultimately grow their careers.
- Partner closely with your EVP, CTO and the broader Technology Leadership team to drive the Technology strategy and build capabilities in your people and processes to ensure effectiveness and success of the travel technology organization.
- Build strong and trusting partnerships with business and product leaders, to ensure that Engineering is in lock-step with strategy and absolutely aligned with the product vision.
- Build an inclusive and performance driven team culture and inspire engineering teams to collaborate together as a cohesive and highly productive unit
- Immerse yourself in our travel businesses and drive performance, develop solutions and see them through as they are implemented.
- Provide effective coaching and technical guidance; communicating as much as necessary with all levels of management, employees, and partners to accomplish your team’s goals.
What We’re Looking For:
- 10+ years of experience building and leading large, geo-distributed, performance-driven effective teams
- 10+ years of experience in software development building large scale consumer products
- High emotional IQ and ability to think quickly on your feet. SVPs are expected to develop & cultivate strong relationships with multiple internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Hands-on technical experience with any of the following (the more, the better!): Golang, React, Vue.js, AWS, Node.js, PHP, Java.
- Willingness to learn about any technologies that you aren’t already familiar with.
- Deep understanding and commitment to software engineering best practices and principles (such as Agile and CI/CD) and continuous improvement through measurement
- Strong ability to inspire, lead by example, grow leaders and hire top talent
- Outstanding, influential verbal and written communication skills; the ability to effectively present ideas and concepts to senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Comfort in a fast-paced and often changing environment.
- Our employees behave like entrepreneurs. They are incredibly driven, agile, goal oriented, and are always up for a challenge.
- A sense of humor!
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]