Senior Web Engineer at Khoros
At Khoros, our passion is to help the world’s best brands create customers for life. We build products we’re proud of, and we’re passionate about customer success. As part of the Vista Equity family, you’ll receive best in class development opportunities and the ability to work with customers like Samsung, HP, Sony and Visa.
As a Senior Web Engineer, you are an expert, implementing Khoros front-end customizations for our customers and helping guide your less-experienced teammates in their efforts to provide the same. To fulfill these responsibilities, you have extensive professional experience developing front-end web solutions, and you’re a strong communicator who is comfortable offering expert technical advice directly to both technical and non-technical customers. You lead by example, modeling the behavior of a seasoned and successful engineer for your peers. You are also an excellent collaborator, working with our Project Managers, Technical Leads, back-end Application Engineers, and Front-End Developers on the requirements and design for the solutions you create. At the same time, you can work independently and efficiently, because you’re organized, task-focused and self-responsible.
The Khoros engagement platform comprises Online Community, Social Media Management and Messaging products for social customer service, social support and social media marketing teams to listen, respond and act on customer conversations – creating deep relationships and fostering brand loyalty and advocacy.
The best Fortune 1000 companies in the world trust Khoros to help them build closer, more personalized and trusted relationships with their customers. Some of our clients: HP, Samsung, and LiveNation (to name a few). We are a Vista Equity Partners portfolio company, growing fast and adding new products to our platform organically and inorganically.
- Designing, implementing, testing, documenting, deploying, and supporting custom features to Khoros' products, focusing on the interactive/user interface aspects of the solution
- Consulting with customers via phone and email, and occasionally in person
- Managing and accounting for your own time and activities; developing your technical and professional skills within the department; setting a positive example for teammates
- Collaborating with and helping colleagues solve technical problems
- Contributing to operational and process improvements
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent experience)
- At least 10 years of professional web development experience
- Minimum 5 years in a customer-facing role
- Experience with a server-side templating framework (e.g.: Freemarker, Velocity)
- Experience leading technical tracks of projects and delegating tasks to more junior teammates
- Experience with feasibility analysis and scoping technical work using a variety of methodologies (formal and informal)
- Experience mentoring teammates and executing peer code reviews
- Strong command of the English language (written, spoken, colloquial); additional languages a plus
- Talent for troubleshooting; Eagerness to self-teach
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Foundation and professional application of computer science fundamentals: data structures and algorithms, object-oriented programming, design patterns, concurrency, files and databases, performance analysis, declarative/imperative programming models
- Familiarity with UNIX command-line tools and scripting
- Working knowledge of software revision control systems including Git and Subversion; experience with software configuration management, branching, merging, and continuous integration
- Conceptual understanding of test-driven development; experience with automated testing frameworks (e.g.: JUnit, Jasmine, Jenkins)
- Experience delivering in-person technical training or workshops
- Ability to travel up to 10-15% (estimated 5 days per quarter for internal meetings or workshops)