Site Reliability Engineer
We are honored to be recognized as a multi-award winning organization. We've been ranked as a Top Workplace and a Best Place to Work in Austin. We've been ranked multiple times in the Inc. 5000 and Inc. 500 for fastest growing companies in the U.S. You'll also find us on the Austin Business Journal's Fast 50 growth awards list multiple times over the last 5 years. We're growing the right way, and we need exceptional talent to help us build upon our successful story.
Talroo's data-driven talent attraction platform enables companies to reach the best audiences to deliver hires. Providing access to Jobs2Careers, one of the largest job search platforms in the industry, Talroo takes an efficient, market-based approach to finding talent. Talroo was created to unify the Jobs2Careers brand with a growing suite of employer solutions. Within our exciting company, you’ll find an environment of collaboration, encouragement, transparency, and fun.
As a Site Reliability Engineer for Talroo, you:
- Research and resolve technical issues found in production with immediate and long-term solutions. Conveys problems, solutions, updates and project status to peers and management.
- With limited direction, develop code, test, debug, maintain, modify, and install moderately complex software programs. Use knowledge of available utilities to simplify tasks. Apply structured programming techniques and adhere to coding standards. Collaborate with development and QA to ensure that features and functions are not adversely impacted.
- Document final solutions, including root cause analysis.
- Maintain a patch code branch for each fix. Identify which need to be product changes and which are infrastructure, deployment or build changes.
- Advocate for your changes with follow-through to development and other teams by ensuring that patches are tested and migrated to the code base and/or process changes are documented appropriately and timely.
- Improve process and tools to automate deployments and other operational tasks (i.e. monitoring application components) to improve efficiency and consistency. use your knowledge to create scripts, tools, utilities and/or code to address issues with new projects and to resolve existing operational procedures (i.e. single-click deployments).
- Participate in design and code-walk-through with development as it relates to new releases.
- Participate in IT Infrastructure design as it relates to product.
- Liaise between multiple departments, especially IT, communicating system changes and mitigating possible issues that may affect product, etc. Ensure appropriate infrastructure changes are socialized across the development and QA teams, and any required validation are planned in a timely fashion.
- 3-5 years AWS systems experience.
- Solid understanding of configuration management tools: Ansible (Preferred), Puppet or Chef.
- Ability to code in Java or Python
- Experience in Agile/Scrum
- Source and deployment tools: Visual Studio Team Server, Jenkins
- Expertise scripting in Python, and Bash is a huge plus
- Experience with DataDog or other IT infrastructure monitoring software systems
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Collaborative and approachable personality
- Knowledge of the QA process and QA automation tools is a plus.
- Must be eligible to work permanently in the United States without employer sponsorship
- BS in Computer Science (or other technical discipline with significant computer coursework) or equivalent experience
- Developer level coding skills
- Competitive compensation package
- Company-paid gym membership
- Comprehensive, company-paid health, vision, and dental insurance premiums for you and your dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan with 3% employer contribution
- Paid company holidays, vacation and sick time
- Fully-stocked kitchen
- Awesome company events
Talroo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.