Blackbaud is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer to work among a passionate team responsible for fast and effective operations support and for engineering innovative infrastructure and application solutions with increasing reliability, scalability, supportability and security. You will play an instrumental role in our journey to a public cloud model while also sustaining a high level of quality in our current co-located data centers, responsible for both cloud-based and physical infrastructure and application solutions. You’ll use your advanced technology and automation skills to meet the demands of rapidly evolving technologies, while relentlessly pursuing opportunities to advance our operational effectiveness and increase customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for the overall health and stability of supported applications, systems and environments by proactively monitoring and responding to events. Own your responsibilities with a customer-first mindset, alignment on business priorities, focus on operational effectiveness metrics (SLA/OLAs) and drive to predictably and efficiently deliver on your commitments.
- Collaborate with engineering, operations and other key stakeholders through the full life cycle of our solutions to innovate solutions to engineer reliable, scalable, supportable, secure and cost-effective solutions for our customers
- Standardize and automate change, validation, and deployment processes to increase efficiency and reduce risk, complexity, waste and cost.
- Proactively monitor capacity and performance management measures to ensure quality and support business growth.
- Drive incident response with relentless focus on restoration of service, followed by tenacious pursuit of root cause and permanent resolution.
- Keep up with industry trends and effectively adapt to demands to rapidly evolving technologies.
What we’ll want you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology or 5+ years of related work experience
- Demonstrated experience in Linux and/or Windows administration and engineering
- Working knowledge of Database and Web server Administration (Oracle and Apache)
- Demonstrated experience with one or more scripting languages (Bash, Python, Ansible)
- Experience with source control technologies required (GitHub)
- Practical experience in software engineering best practices such as design patterns, decoupled architectures, and test-driven development preferred