“Making Healthcare Right. Together.” is the cornerstone of all we do. Our vision is through powerful relationships with Care Partners, we help all people live healthy and brighter lives. To successfully achieve our mission and vision as we operate in a dynamic health care environment, we expect Bright employees to embody and uphold our core values in work and interactions, both internal and external: be brave, be brilliant, be accountable, be inclusive, and be collaborative.
Are you an experienced Site Reliability Engineer? Do you enjoy working in fast paced environments? Does leveraging cutting-edge technology to reimagine how Healthcare is provided intrigue you? We are the Cloud Infrastructure team at Bright Health, and we are looking for a seasoned Site Reliability Engineer to join our team. The Cloud Infrastructure team is responsible for setting Cloud architectural standards and ensuring the reliability, availability, and performance of the Production cloud environments. You will work in a dynamic team and partner with teams across the company to ensure that our Cloud Infrastructure meets the needs of our growing customer base.
- Apply technical knowledge and business insights to solve complex technical problems
- Ensure all environments are meeting their Service Level Objectives
- Plan, configure, deploy, and optimize Microsoft Azure-based solutions
- Work closely with our Security Team to ensure the environment is secure and adhering to our HIPAA and SOC2 commitments
- Design and implement automation for Azure infrastructure (Infrastructure as Code)
- Establish and maintain documentation for our Azure environment
- Lead incident response, postmortem, and production improvements
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of progressive work experience with on-premise and/or cloud infrastructures.
- 4+ years of experience with scripting and automation
- Knowledge and understanding of the Microsoft Azure stack including Storage, SQL, NSGs, VNETs, Availability Zones, Azure Front Door, Kubernetes and Azure Active Directory
- Strong understanding of monitoring & alerting fundamentals including alert tuning, reducing noise, and automating responses to alerts
- Strong understanding of automation in Azure including API Management, ARM Templates and/or Terraform. Proven experience implementing Infrastructure as Code
- Experience in analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Ability to automate routine tasks
- Experience with Role Based Access Control (RBAC), ITSM, Capacity Planning, and Monitoring/Alerting
- Experience with one or more object-oriented programming languages a plus
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership and manage technical projects, including identification of project scope, requirements, deliverables, and coordination of project design and implementation activities
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, system analysis or a related study, or 5+ years equivalent experience
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like Modern Healthcare and Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our team!
Check out this great video showcasing just some of the fantastic Technology Team broadcasting from our ATX office!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.