Q2 is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer to help Q2 deliver industry leading uptime and exceptional services to nearly 20 million Online Banking users nationally. As a Site Reliability Engineer you’ll be working on production systems that are utilized to deliver Q2’s Online and Mobile banking solutions to banks and credit unions. When these systems fail, you’ll have the skills and decision-making capabilities to quickly restore services, investigate root cause, and develop a plan that mitigates future failures. When you’re not solving the world’s problems, you’ll spend time analyzing system performance and identifying ways to make our services even more resilient. From developing deep Q2 application knowledge, managing our container orchestration platform, supporting private and public cloud environments, learning how to leverage automation to drive efficiencies, and troubleshooting critical infrastructure, your opportunities to make a significant impact at Q2 are endless.
Successful candidates will possess an innate desire to take on challenging problems and enjoy working cross functionally with members of Support, IT, Development and Implementations. The desire to help Q2 be the best and deliver industry leading solutions motivates you to solve complex problems while remaining cool under pressure.
While being passionate about what you do, you also have the ability to work quickly and move from task to task. You will allow Q2 to move fast by providing realtime feedback on the performance of production systems.
- Realtime support of critical service disruptions
- Support, maintain, and improve production container hosting environment
- Collaborating across business and technology organizations, providing sound analysis and thought leadership
- Working alongside our Incident Response Team, provide post mortem analysis of why services broke or became degraded
- Proactively analyze client environments and identify opportunities to improve performance
- Through the use of a wide breadth of tools, identify software bugs or misconfigurations and fix those issues
- Work across various departments while leveraging your diverse technical skills to educate others
- Recommends opportunities for process improvement and create process documentation
- Demonstrate the ability to provide exceptional verbal and written customer communications
- Facilitate the restoration of services
- Facilitate and support lessons learned reviews
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Knowledge of CI/CD Pipelines Implementation for applications and infrastructure
- Proficiency in HashiCorp tools such as Consul, Nomad, Vault, Packer and Terraform
- Advanced knowledge of Linux and Windows Systems Administration
- Troubleshooting experience with Docker containers and other container orchestration technologies including Nomad and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of best practices of running applications in containerized environments including health checks and rolling update strategies
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Powershell, or Python
- Knowledge of VMWare and cloud environments such as AWS and Azure
- Understand how to read network packet captures and troubleshoot connectivity issues
- General understanding of Content Delivery Networks
- Foundational understanding of networks and the 7 layers of the OSI model
- Knowledge of development languages such as Python, C#, and Node.js
- Knowledge of T-SQL and ability to write complex queries
At Q2 we believe in working hard and playing hard. You’ll find this work to be rewarding with ample opportunities to make a meaningful, become part of an exceptional team, and contribute to Q2’s amazing culture
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.