Site Reliability Engineer at Invitae (Austin, TX)
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Invitae needs engineers with diverse backgrounds to help us achieve our mission. We are a cross-functional team of scientific domain experts and dedicated, curious engineers. We build systems that take massive amounts of genomic data, combine it with the world’s scientific literature, add to it years of rigorously curated results, and package it all neatly for our scientists to consume. It’s a lot of information. As the data gets bigger, our systems need to get better and faster. That’s where you come in.
This role is with our new Ciitizen team. Ciitizen is a health technology platform that enables patients with cancer and rare neurologic disorders to collect, digitize, and share their health information. We’re looking for a self-motivated team member who craves a challenge and feels energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Ciitizen's enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together.
This role will be responsible for managing and resolving challenging issues for Ciitizen partners and customers. This includes developing subject matter expertise for the entire platform. We are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer with a passion for excellence. The SRE role at Ciitizen is responsible for helping ensure service availability, identifying and automating manual processes, and bridging the gaps between product development teams and operations. Solve problems relating to critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions. SRE will be focused on maximum availability, reliability, security, and performance.
The engineer is responsible for owning and resolving issues on a daily basis, technical cases created by customers seeking help to understand or resolve an unexpected behavior or answer technical questions about the Ciitizen software and platform. This opportunity may evolve to include additional responsibilities and opportunities for career growth.
What you will do:
- Assist in the running of the production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning Improve reliability and quality for the suite of software solutions
- Measure and report system performance, and capacity with an eye toward continual improvement
- Provide primary operational support and engineering for microservice based software applications
- Gather and analyze metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding
- Basic object-oriented programming skills (Java, python)
What you bring:
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong personal commitment to quality and customer service
- Experience with any monitoring and analytics tool
- Understanding of Cloud technologies