About the role:
Blackbaud is seeking a Manager, Infrastructure and Site Reliability Engineering to both oversee and work among a passionate team of system engineers responsible for Blackbaud’s portfolio of Infinity platform products. This role will cultivate a diverse, high-performing team to transition from colocation datacenters to cloud based applications.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be able to pivot your focus between both leading a team through day-to-day activities, as well as contributing to the day-to-day workload and outcomes of the team. You will focus on driving quality and process, and coach others to advance our automation and engineering capabilities, to deliver the highly scalable, reliable, secure and performant applications that will delight our customers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Direct and contribute to daily 24/7 operations of the team; enforcing priorities, monitoring and analyzing operational effectiveness metrics.
- Expedite the investigation and resolution of incidents and problems with focus on restoration of service root cause, and permanent resolution
- Lead teams in technical design, planning, and delivering on our commitments within assigned responsibilities (application delivery) on time, on budget and with high quality.
- Collaborate in vendor engagements to expand our workforce capacity as needed.
- Partner with Product Management and Application Engineering to align on operational needs and product roadmap.
- Coach and train system engineers in automation methodologies such as Windows PowerShell Essentials, Scripting, and Toolmaking
- Responsible for the overall health and stability of supported applications, systems and environments.
- Standardize and automate change, validation, and deployment processes
- Proactively monitor capacity and performance management measures to ensure quality and support business growth.
What we’ll want you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology or equivalent related work experience required.
- Demonstrative experience in Windows Server, IIS Administration Fundamentals, and ITIL or ISO27001 required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Database Administration and AlwaysOn Failover Cluster Instances
- Experience leading and/or managing in Operations, Engineering, and/or a DevOps culture in a hybrid platform environment.
- Practical experience with Perl, PowerShell, Python, TCL/TK, Ruby or equivalent technologies required.
- Available on a 24x7x365 basis when needed for production impacting incidents or key customer events.
. What we’ll prefer you to have:
- Implementation of cloud technologies (Microsoft Azure) and an understanding of SAAS, PAAS, and IAAS models
- Practical experience with lean and agile methodologies
- Experience in software engineering best practices such as design patterns, decoupled architectures, and test-driven development preferred.