What we do:
TrendKite, named one of Austin’s Top Workplaces by the American-Statesman, is at the forefront of a communications revolution. TrendKite is a growth-stage startup focused on building software to help the world's biggest brands generate, amplify, and measure the impact of their communications.
Thousands of the world’s top brands, including Google, Patagonia, Nokia, Marriott and Hershey rely on TrendKite to manage their digital PR process. The TrendKite platform takes PR and communications programs from analog to digital, enabling marketing teams to integrate their trusted earned media results into all their marketing efforts.
At TrendKite, we are solving some of the hardest problems in the industry and turning those solutions into direct customer value. A few our current challenges include blending Big Data with Fast Data (similar to Lambda versus Kappa architectures), integrating probabilistic Machine Learning data with deterministic, and striking the right balance between monolithic and microservices arrangements. If being the leading edge in solving challenging problems over petabytes of data and billions of data points excites you, let’s talk.
What you love to do:
- Work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment with a team of smart, passionate engineers, product managers, and designers
- Be part of a small, fast team of talented Architects and Software Engineers
- Solve the most challenging technical problems we have
- Design, accelerate, optimize, and bullet-proof production systems and development processes
- Grow a vast array of technical knowledge on a wide variety of subjects and provide technical leadership within Product and Development
The things you have to have:
- 10+ years development experience
- Proven ability to architect and implement large scale, high velocity systems
- Clear history of excellent technical leadership
- Deep, expert-level experience with Java, JVM languages, or related technologies
- Prior experience with stream processing (AWS Kinesis, Spark Streaming, Storm, Samza, etc.)
- A strong understanding of search domain : encompassing data, algorithms, and relevancy measurements
- Experience with AWS Cloud (including EC2, VPC, RDS, ELB, EBS, S3)
- Veteran’s point of view on balancing and optimizing large-scale production systems
- Demonstrable expertise with relational data stores (PostgreSQL and MySQL preferred)
- Confident command of distributed / NoSQL data stores (ElasticSearch and Cassandra preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related technical field, or comparable industry experience
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident (We do not offer sponsorship at this time)
The things we’d love you to have:
- Insatiable desire to constantly learn and grow
- Great balance of strategic vision and tactical pragmatism
- Solid experience with AWS cloud infrastructure
- Solid understanding of distributed systems (CAP vs PACELC, Paxos, Raft, etc.)
- Thoughtful, data-driven opinions on service-oriented solutions and building scalable web services
- Experience with search technologies like ElasticSearch or Solr (Elasticsearch preferred)
- Experience working in fast-paced agile team (Kanban preferred)
Consistently named one of the best places to work in Austin, TrendKite employs the brightest, most passionate folks in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join that group!
We build digital PR software for communications, PR and marketing professionals. Digital PR is an exciting, dynamic space with tremendous growth potential. As PR becomes increasingly digital, the entire industry is evolving very quickly, and we’re here to help our customers stay ahead of those changes.
At TrendKite, we pride ourselves on working together as one team, while pushing ourselves and each other to always be improving. We put our customers first in all the decisions we make. Our values are foundational to who we are as a company and drive every decision we make as we continue to build a high-growth business without losing sight of what got us here - our employees and our customers.
We’re headquartered in Austin, with offices in London and Atlanta. We offer a number of great benefits and perks to all our employees, and are always striving to make TrendKite a better place to work every day. Join us!
TrendKite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.