Software Developer, Professional Services at Unity
Unity's Consulting & Development team is looking for developers to help us work with customers mainly from the gaming industry. Using our technical expertise and cumulative knowledge, we work alongside successful projects and high-profile teams to elevate their games from good to great!
Your day-to-day work will involve interacting with customers, often in person. You'll spend the majority of your time helping them by researching problems, delivering answers, writing technical reports, and developing solutions and sample code.
But, most importantly, we value sharing the results of your investigations (as well as any knowledge you possess) to our users and your coworkers. That's why we give you the freedom to:
- Speak at conferences
- Deliver technical training to customers and team members
- Work as a liaison or directly with R&D employees
- Do some personal development research on specific topics of interest
We believe that spending time learning new skills and gaining knowledge is always valuable.
Over time you will become an established technical authority within Unity. You will be able to help shape Unity's direction by providing guidance to our R&D teams and mentorship to our customers.
We have customers in many regions across North America. We also offer you opportunities to travel to more distant customers, and also to visit Unity offices all over the world. On average, we spend 8 nights per month traveling.
We are committed to maintaining a team with varied strengths, and we welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- Deliver personalized, friendly help to our customers
- Solve problems, communicate, and educate our clients, both remotely and on-site at their offices
- Dive into Unity's code base to answer questions, create patches, and provide advice
- Build close relationships with client engineers and with Unity's internal development teams
- Proactively train yourself to remain at the forefront of Unity Engine technology
- Ablility to develop and debug code written in a large multithreaded C# or C++ codebase, using a multi-platform engine
- Can profile, analyze, and improve performance, from low-level limitations to high-level architectural decisions
- Fluent in written and spoken English and are able to clearly communicate ideas and technical knowledge
- Have shipped one or more game(s), and have a deep understanding of production lifecycles
- Experience with giving trainings, or talks, published technical articles, or written documentation
- Experience with working on customer service or technical support
- Experience in writing shaders or have rendering expertise to share
- Experience with working on network technology or multiplayer/online games
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.