Software Developer (Tools and DevOps) at Unity Technologies
Unity’s Application Security Development team builds new and exciting tooling and automation to further the security team’s capabilities in identifying new threats and risks to our software and our customers. We also work with various 3rd party security tools, deploy them and help integrate them into the numerous and various continuous integration environments used by Unity development teams. These tools help them discover and remediate security vulnerabilities.
We are looking for an experienced devops engineer to help drive how these tools are deployed and maintained. You will make sure the tools provide the best developer experience for our teams and help provide support for developers in their use. You will participate in implementing new capabilities and features to our in-house tools. You will also work with the broader Security team to identify future opportunities to improve our new and existing security tooling and automation to continue keeping Unity at the forefront of gaming security.
As a DevOps Engineer for the Unity Security team you’ll work with engineering teams across Unity on a number of different technology stacks to establish and improve the security across all of Unity’s products, having an enormous scale of impact, not only within Unity, but across literally billions of devices, around the world.
- Install, maintain, and contribute to security automation tooling and their developer support
- Analyze and resolve technical and infrastructure problems
- Collaborate with the team lead and other team members to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain security solutions
- Participate and drive peer-reviews of solution designs and related code
- Design, architect, and test in accordance with established standards
- Ensure tooling and automation is reliable, up-to-date, and patched accordingly
- Experience working in a cloud environment such as GCP, AWS or Azure and containerized application deployments (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm or similar)
- Ability to work on multiple complex projects simultaneously and independently as required
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of basic security principles
- Ability to discuss and understand code design fluently and in depth
- Previous experience working on security tooling and automation
- Experience with GCP Cloud Compute, GKE and other Google Cloud technologies
- Experience in Terraform or similar infrastructure as code platforms
- Strong understanding of CI/CD pipelines and integrating with those technologies
- Ability to work with small teams to solve complex problems
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.