Software Developer (Data Team - Password Cracking)
SpyCloud is a pioneer in breach discovery. We strive to help businesses of all sizes mitigate data breaches by proactively alerting when employee or company assets have been compromised.We accomplish this through our early-warning breach detection service powered by a world-class team of intelligence analysts.
SpyCloud manages the most expansive database of plaintext passwords in the industry. Once a new breach is recovered from the dark web, we use specialized hardware and software to crack as many of the password hashes as possible. This gives developers the ability to prove user exposures and automate password exposure checks across internal systems.
We are looking for a passionate developer who can join our Data Team and contribute to our password cracking platform. This job posting is for Austin, TX only. We’re not looking for remote developers at this time.
- Add new features to the password cracking platform
- Manage day-to-day password cracking
- Participate in a fast-paced environment
Desired Skills and Experience:
- New college grad with a degree in Computer Science or related field OR at least 2 years of professional experience as a software developer
- Working knowledge of a high-level language such as Python, Ruby, Java, etc. We primarily use Python but it’s not necessary for you to know. We’re confident you can become effective in it quickly.
- An understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with a database (relational or NoSQL)
- Experience with Linux
- Excellent communication skills
- Be self-motivated and be able to switch contexts as business needs change
Nice To Have:
- Familiarity with an MVC web framework (e.g. Pyramid, Django, Ruby on Rails, etc)
- Familiarity with building REST APIs
- Familiarity with Bash scripting
- Familiarity with AWS
- Familiarity with a version control system. We use Git.
- Familiarity with HashCat
The Interview Process:
- A 1 hour phone call to discuss your experience and a few technical questions
- If all goes well we’ll send you a programming challenge to work on. You’ll have 5 days to complete it.
- A 2 hour onsite where you will meet with the team and present your solution to the programming challenge.
We are a VC backed company and are ready to offer competitive compensation, both in form of salary as well as equity. We provide health insurance, open PTO/vacation policy and flexibility to be able to work from home.
Job Type: Full-time