What we do:
Cision is a leading global provider of software and services to communications and marketing professionals. Our flagship product, the Cision Communications Cloud, is an industry-leading comms platform that delivers best-in-class earned media monitoring and analytics, a comprehensive media and influencer contact database, newswire distribution, business results attribution capabilities, and much more.
As a mid-level Java Developer at Cision, you will be working on an established team delivering market-leading solutions powered by large-scale data systems and complex analytics. Your team will include a group of full-stack engineers with extensive experience that design, build, test, deploy, maintain and support their work on a continuous basis using a variety of open source technologies in a fast-paced Agile environment.
About the Role:
- You will be part of the Product Delivery org that includes 300+ individuals with diverse technical backgrounds and skills that span the US and Europe
- You will work on a platform that contains billions of processed and enriched articles as well as 1 billion+ social influencers and publishers
- You will work in close collaboration with Product Management to define and create a backlog of epics, user stories and tasks that are continuously delivered
- You will continuously communicate and collaborate with members of your team, your direct manager as well as other global software developers and teams
- You will be designing, building, testing and deploying your own code from local environment to production with assistance from QA, DevOps and other developers as needed
- You will become an owner and subject matter expert for the code you build and deploy
- You will participate in thorough code reviews in a collaborative, constructive environment
Required Experience and Attributes:
- Proven professional technical experience in JAVA 8 software development as part of a development team
- Experience working with PostgreSQL and/or MySQL
- Solid understanding of RESTful APIs – you have built and deployed an API
- Curious and eager to learn about new technologies, the team, the company and the industry
- You are not afraid to ask questions – software development is a life-long learning process!
Nice to Have Experience and Education:
- Experience working in an AWS environment - Elasticsearch highly desirable
- Experience using agile processes such as Kanban and Scrum
- DevOps experience, to include version control, automated builds, automated testing, and continuous integration with tools such as, Jenkins, Git, Bitbucket, Ansible
- General experience with logging, alerting and monitoring techniques and principles
- Experience building and deploying microservices with a tool kit such as Vert.x
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent industry experience
Cision employs the brightest, most passionate folks in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join that group!
Cision's recent acquisitions of startups TrendKite and Falcon.io provided the company with additional innovative technology and a focus on user experience that sets the company's software apart from anything else in the comms industry. With these additional capabilities, the next generation Cision Communications Cloud platform delivers an improved user experience, more intelligent and interactive reporting, and better campaign execution for PR and comms teams.
By investing in our brand, our team, and our technology, we are leading a revolution in the PR and communications industry. We invest in our people through training and professional development and we empower them to grow their careers - because the most important measure of our success is yours.
Cision Ltd (NYSE: CISN) is a leading global provider of earned media software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals. Cision software allows users to identify key influencers, craft and distribute strategic content, and measure meaningful impact. Cision has over 4,000 employees with offices in 22 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. For more information about its award-winning products and services, including the Cision Communications Cloud, visit www.cision.com and follow Cision on Twitter @Cision.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Cision is committed to building an environment where all employees are set up to thrive and reach their full potential. We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge, the largest CEO-driven business commitment to advance diversity and inclusion within the workplace.
EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V, 41 CFR 60–1.4