Software Developer at GoDaddy
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
We’ve adapted our hiring process in response to COVID-19. To learn more about what GoDaddy is doing differently click here.GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With 19 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and handle their work. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
We want a Software Engineer who applies expert-level knowledge of computer science principles every day to constantly innovate and improve the platform and product. You seek to automate processes and make data driven decisions. You strive to enable our business partners and end-customers to connect in new ways that help them succeed. You are experienced with CI/CD and development standard methodologies and can mentor new developers confidently. You are comfortable in all aspects of agile development methodology. You work seamlessly with other engineers to develop novel new software libraries and features from scratch and can design and socialize important software updates across the team.Responsibilities
- Architect and build services and systems at scale
- Work closely with Product and other Engineering teams in executing towards common goals
- Perform code reviews and participate in suggesting and supporting coding standard methodologies.
- Mentoring junior members of the team
- Participate in DevOps, release and on-call activities in support of the platform
- Engage with engineers and partners across Media Temple to seek problems with group-wide and company-wide resonance
- Excellent ability to tackle problems across domains, skills, and technologies
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Math, or equivalent degree or experience
- 3-6+ years of meaningful full-time software engineering experience
- Knowledge of backend systems such as Apache, Nginx and NodeJS
- Knowledge of Perl and Python
- Experience with MySQL is a plus
- Experience with visualization and monitoring tools
- Proven knowledge of CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Pipelines)
- Strong knowledge of configuration management (Puppet, Ansible)
- Familiarity with Agile (Scrum) software development, Git/GitHub, and related tools
- Passion for ambitious, continuous learning both in and out of the office
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required to be able to convey technical issues and details to non-technical users
- Ability to distill meaning from requests received from non-technical/non-domain-expert users in order to determine actual needs vs stated wants
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected]
Please note that GODADDY does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.