Software Development Engineer II
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
Forcepoint is recognized as a Market & Technology Leader in NGFW, CASB, DLP and Cross Domain Cyber Solutions and is a pioneer in anti-evasion defenses and high-availability clustering.
This position is both software engineering and technical contribution focused on the Endpoint product within Forcepoint. The successful candidate will be working with world class engineering building and enhancing highly scalable endpoint software to support the Forcepoint product portfolio.
Who are you? You derive pleasure from creating algorithms, solving problems, and mentoring junior engineers. You thrive in a team environment where you both learn from and influence others. Your passion for becoming an expert in your craft and solving previously unsolved and complex problems are obvious. You never give up and you have a can-do attitude. If this sounds like you, read on. We have career opportunity for you.
· Develop, enhance, and maintain Forcepoint endpoint security agents
· Design and implement endpoint security solutions in response to emerging threats
· Assist and troubleshoot product related issues escalated by the product support team
· Perform additional duties and projects as required to achieve organizational goals
Education and Experience
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, graduate degree preferred
· 8+ years of experience with C/C++ on OS X and/or Windows
· Understanding of operating system and device driver fundamentals
· Strong troubleshooting skills, good coding and source management practices
· Strong communication (written and oral) and teamwork behavior within a diverse team environment
· Self-motivated to research new skills and technologies (whether or not directly related to product)
· Commitment to the broader range of product development goals (teamwork at scale)
Preferred Skills and Background
· Knowledge of endpoint, network and data security highly desired
· Experience developing and debugging kernel level code and/or device drivers
· Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM centered organization
· Prior experience developing security products for the commercial or federal markets