Are you a DevOps or Software Development Engineer with an interest in AWS or HashiCorp tools? If so, let's talk immediately! Expedia Group is currently going through a transformation and building a new architecture in AWS and this is where you will come into play.
Be a part of Expedia Group’s Cloud Foundation team helping set up and run the base layer of all the AWS accounts, building and improving our internal tools, cooperating closely with the Connectivity and Kubernetes teams to set up a resilient and scalable platform for developers to deploy their applications and data into.
What you’ll do:
- You will team up with peers across the organization to build an understanding of cross dependencies and shared problem solving.
- You will participate in a community of practice to share and gain knowledge.
- You will share new skills and knowledge with team to increase effectiveness.
- You will understand the relationship between applications, databases and technology platforms.
- You will write code that is clean, maintainable, optimized, modular with good naming conventions. You will also use software frameworks to write simpler code.
- You will lead/clarify code evolution in code reviews.
- You will identify opportunities around policies/ processes to increase efficiency across organizational boundaries.
- You will spot areas of inefficiency in code or systems operation and offer suggestions for improvements.
- You will compile and generate reports on major operational or technical initiatives (like RCAs) to larger groups, whether via written or oral means.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree or Masters in a related Technical field; or Equivalent related professional experience.
- Equivalent experience includes:
AWS Systems Architect, Professional certification
Developed software in at least 3 different languages
Maintained/ran at least 4 products in production environments (bug fixing, troubleshooting, monitoring etc.)
- Strong in 2+ languages or cloud technologies
- Demonstrates the ability to select among technology available to implement and solve for need
- Understanding how projects/teams interact with other teams
- Able to understand and design moderately complex systems
- Ability to test and monitor code at the project level
- Understanding of testing and monitoring tools
- Experience running AWS services via CLI and API within a multi-account production environment.
- Experience writing Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Have used build and continuous integration tools (Git, Jenkins, Docker etc.)
- Understanding of DNS, TCP/IP and networking concepts and how to apply them to a Cloud-based environment.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.