Software Development Engineer In Test
The main focus of the Software Development Engineer in Test role will be to ensure the quality of the Stoplight products being delivered to our customers remains exceptional. This role will work directly with single or multiple scrum teams and will be involved in inter-sprint testing and release validation. This role will involve aspects of traditional Quality Assurance (writing test plans/strategies, maintaining a test case repository, validating requirements and implementations, managing bugs, and making quality assessments to determine release readiness), Test Automation development (Selenium WebDriver, TypeScript, Jest), Technical Support (troubleshooting customer reported issues, interacting with customers (typically developers) to determine scope of issues), and some minor feature and bug fixing development activities.
The right candidate will be an Owner, have a strong bias to action, maintain a developer/engineer mindset, and obsess about customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with other software developers to plan, design, and assess the quality of the Stoplight product and infrastructure to ensure the highest quality product delivery.
- Measure and Improve product quality processes for all Stoplight products
- Write test plans, perform testing (both manual and automated), and create or modify test harnesses as needed
- Automate test plans for a significant component, set of features, mid-size application, or service.
- Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality
- Use your knowledge of software development processes to guide development teams in designing and building for quality
- Provide technical support for Stoplight customers; interacting directly with customers to troubleshoot issues and identify problems
- Collaborate with software engineering teams, driving continuous development, integration and deployment
- Attend and participate in our scrum based SDLC
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 3+ years of technical experience as an SDET or related role
- Experience developing in at least one of Java, TypeScript/Node, Python, C#, Ruby
- Experience with 24x7 production systems.
- Working knowledge of Test Automation (preferably using Selenium WebDriver)
- Working knowledge of REST and RPC service patterns and other client/server interaction models
- Attention to detail, and the ability to pick up new tools and technologies quickly
-Competitive salary and equity options
-Medical, dental, vision, 401(k)