Software Development Engineer in Test
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Role
CrowdStrike is looking for an SDET to join our growing cloud team. We're looking for smart people who want to be challenged and take ownership of what they build. Work in an environment where quality is the company culture. Come use cutting edge tools and technologies as well as tried and true ones. Work on: verifying key features and functionality that spans our processing, data and customer facing application layers to ensure it supports millions of events per second, stores terabytes of data and delivers accurate information to the customer.
Success in this role means:
- A love for breaking software systems in creative and useful ways.
- Producing rock solid solutions for all manner of product quality concerns.
- Thriving with responsibility, challenges and aggressive goals.
- Ability to communicate, collaborate and deliver.
- Verify component, system integration and application level features and functionality to ensure our reliability, accuracy and performance reaches our standards for quality.
- Review engineering technical design documents and requirements. Provide plan and strategy about how and where to build in testability
- Increase and improve our automated test coverage.
- Contribute to existing tools, frameworks and related solutions.
- Leverage new open source solutions to build new tools that test things in new ways.
- Improve our delivered product quality across our entire platform and applications.
- Collaborate on determining root cause of production outages and adding quality improvements to prevent outages in the future.
- Ability to create and maintain test infrastructure. Built the frameworks and packages required to implement automation.
- A computer science background or equivalent experience (programming styles, data structures, algorithms, etc.)
- Networking: protocols, distributed systems, layered architectures.
- Web Services: JSON, REST, RPC, XML, AWS EC2 & S3.
- Data storage: RDMBS, NoSQL, and Caching Technologies such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Cassandra, SQLServer, Redis, and/or MemCache.
- Strong debugging skills: ability to spot design flaws, race conditions and performance bottlenecks in complex architectures.
- Application, OS, Web Browser or hardware compatibility testing.
- Computer and/or network security experience/understanding.
Bonus points awarded for:
- Authored and lead successful open source libraries and projects.
- Contributions to the open source community (GitHub, Stack Overflow, blogging).
- Existing exposure to Go, AWS, Cassandra, Kafka, Elasticsearch, GRPC, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.