Iodine Software is a healthcare AI company that has pioneered a new machine learning approach -- Cognitive Emulation -- to help healthcare finance leaders build resilient organizations. Cognitive Emulation uses proprietary AI technology and machine learning algorithms to think the way a clinician thinks and emulate clinical judgement. This allows us to help nearly 500 hospitals quickly and accurately identify areas of potential opportunity to accelerate productivity, data accuracy, and financial return.
Our Engineering team is rapidly expanding. We need someone who can help to plan, coordinate and manage the delivery of our growing number of releases with quality at scale. By exercising your leadership skills, you will lead by example, influence without authority, propose and implement needed changes to deliver a tenable impact within the Iodine Product team. As Software Engineer in Test, you will work closely with our Development, Product and Client Experience teams to help build quality in the products by making sure that problem statements are well understood, and production defect root causes are timely analyzed and addressed. You will play a key role in the test automation of End-to-End scenarios, performance and scalability testing for existing and emerging products, automation of build and release processes and CICD pipelines.
What You'll Do
- Build quality within the software development process by designing, developing, and maintaining advanced automated testing frameworks and scripts that provide reliable and repeatable test results
- Help define and lead execution of quality and testing strategy
- Conduct functional, integration, performance, load and security testing
- Perform testing of features and defects at all levels of the application stack
- Build quality in the product from the beginning by mentoring peers on how to introduce tests at the appropriate levels of the application stack
- Analyze and decompose complex issues and collaborate with others to drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability
- Build out our CI/CD pipeline by leveraging new test frameworks and tools in order to incorporate automated quality certification at multiple levels
What You'll Need
Minimum Requirements (Education, certifications and experience):
- BS in Computer Science or the equivalent with at least 5+ years of professional experience in Software Engineering
- Excellent communication skills, ability to collaborate effectively with wide variety of roles (tech and non-tech) both within the company and externally including clients and subcontractors
- Strong experience with one or more general programing languages
- 3+ years of OOP programming and design experience, preferably in Java
- Strong understanding of both front-end and back-end web technologies (HTTP, Network stack, Microservice architecture, JSON, CSS, XML, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience with test automation and test architecture
- Strong background in designing new and extending existing testing frameworks based on Cypress, Jest, Mocha, Chai or any other JS\Node based frameworks.
- Expertise in writing API, integration and unit tests utilizing mocking frameworks
- Strong Unix background and proficient with at least one shell and high-level scripting language (bash, python, perl); Solid SQL knowledge
- Experience with performance testing (JMeter, SmartMeter, sitespeed.io)
- Has good experience with security testing and is aware of OWASP
- Experience working with Git, Pull Requests, Branching, etc.
- Has a tester mindset, is curious and can come up with interesting test scenarios
- Has solid understanding of testing principles and methodologies and can apply appropriate test methods for a given scenario
- Experience working with offshore development teams in different geographical locations/distributed schedules
- Working knowledge in building and administering CI/CD pipelines
- Experience troubleshooting database, network configuration, and applications server issues
- Experience in using cloud computing infrastructure such as AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with IaC tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet
- Experience with virtualization tools such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with analytics and monitoring platforms (Grafana, Kibana, Prometheus or similar)
See Something, Do Something
At Iodine, we are incredibly privileged to be entrusted with an enormous amount of Protected Health Information (PHI) amounting more than 90 million lives. Inherent to our culture is the need to live up to that trust in everything we do. Security is a primary responsibility shared by every Iodine employee and we expect everyone to honor that responsibility. That includes abiding by our security policies, being constantly vigilant to possible risks to the privacy and safety of the information given to our care and bringing forward any concerns about security.
What You'll Get
This is a unique opportunity to join a close-knit, rapidly growing team and help us improve a key piece of the organization. You will have the opportunity to drive the strategy and direction of our product for our users. You will join a passionate and ambitious team, with a proven record of success building multiple companies. Learn more about us at www.iodinesoftware.com.
**You must be currently authorized to work full-time in the United States on a permanent basis**