Software Development Engineer at Amazon
Each day, drivers around the world deliver packages on behalf of Amazon using the Amazon Flex app. Our mobile application works in concert with our backend advanced logistics and predictive analytics systems to on-board new delivery partners, schedule delivery times in advance or on demand, and complete deliveries with in-app messaging, navigation, and much more.
Our team is looking for a cross-functional software development engineer with experience in mobile technologies, backend services, and dev ops automation – a jack-of-many-trades. You will be somebody who enjoys diving deep into complex technical and process oriented challenges to understand the most efficient and automated path forward irrespective of where in the software stack or the broader organization the challenge lives. You enjoy short software development life-cycles and projects with a clear completion goal followed by moving onto the next project which may require new skills, technologies, and problem solving approaches.
You will work with a team of engineers to build backend services that transport data and workflows to the Amazon Flex app. You will design and build solutions that enable infrastructure as code patterns, validate mobile workflows from the backend, and protect the quality and integrity of the mobile app. You will contribute to mobile development that supports the team’s objectives. You will integrate quality gates into the build and releases processes for the app. Through these contributions our team will build a platform upon which feature teams expand the capabilities of the app with protection from inadvertently introducing quality problems.As an SDE, you will develop a deep understanding of our business, work closely with development teams, and own the architecture and end-to-end delivery of software components.
Senior Engineers provide technical leadership at Amazon. They help establish technical standards and drive Amazon’s overall technical architecture, engineering practices, and methodologies. They work on our hard problems, building high quality, architecturally sound systems that are aligned with our business needs. They think globally when building systems, ensuring Amazon builds high performing, scalable systems that work well together. Senior engineers are pragmatic visionaries who can translate business needs into workable technology solutions. Their expertise is deep and broad. They are hands on, producing both detailed technical work and high-level architectural designs.
· Completed Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· 2+ years in software development
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· 2+ years developing Web Services as well as designing and working with API contracts across the stack
· Fundamental experience working with a large, streaming data set
· Completed Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software features, and technical designs
· Experience building highly scalable and available services
· Experience in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer- Female/Minority/Disability/Vet