Software Engineer 2 at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
This role can be based out of our downtown Austin, TX office (eventually returning to a hybrid model with 2-3 days/office) or be fully remote anywhere in Texas.
Software Engineers spend most of their time hands-on in the creation, feature development, and subsequent maintenance of Bright Health properties. The more senior their level, the more that individual will assist in the continuous improvement of the team's productivity and code quality. Additionally, senior talent plays a key role in building and maintaining a culture which focuses on making sure every engineer progresses in their career in line with personal goals/expectations.
- Collaborate directly with teammates to define and implement a variety of software testing
- Contribute across the complete development lifecycle, including technical design, work estimation, implementation of new features, and addressing feedback or bugs
- Lead and contribute to continually improve the team's productivity, culture, and code quality
- Peer review team member's code and provide constructive feedback to improve quality
- Create documentation and processes as needed to improve team productivity and transparency
- Git & GitHub
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years in software development required
- 2+ years experience with ReactJS strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent experience required
- Experience building applications in the cloud, bonus points for serverless architectures
- Experience implementing Continuous Deployment patterns
- Experience supporting the applications you have built
- Seasoned estimation skills — can reasonably judge the complexity of a feature and appropriately break it down (if needed) and size it
- Strong work ethic plus follow-through on commitments (works smart to get the job done right and on time);
- Proven track record of high standards for self, team, company, and ultimately the clients;
- Proactive approach to problem solving (acting without being told, driving for measurable results, etc.)
- You love learning, you love teaching
- You are constantly growing your own knowledge and helping to grow the knowledge of others
- You enjoy wearing multiple hats and roles, and titles are not important to you
- You enjoy doing it right first time and utilize tools & techniques to constantly excel in what you work to deliver it on time
- You do top-quality work, manage quality, and make everything you touch better
- You are comfortable working under strict confidentiality agreements and often behind the-scenes
- You are self-organized and manage time and resources well
- You are able to not only work alone, but also communicate within a team by sending updates, tracking time, and other forms of communication while you work
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.