Software Engineer 4 - Enablement at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Software Engineers spend most of their time hands-on in the creation, feature development, and subsequent maintenance of Bright Health properties. Additionally, talent at all levels will play a role in building and maintaining a culture which focuses on making sure every engineer progresses in their career in line with personal goals/expectations.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to build and implement solutions for Bright Health's digital properties
- Create responsive websites and applications using agreed upon frameworks and technologies
- Work with designers to maintain UI/UX standards
- Work on all aspects of our product stack from UI to API to data to infrastructure
- Stay on top of bug and task management (Jira or similar experience a plus)
- Help debug issues and pair program with other engineers
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related field preferred
- Eight (8) or more years of software development experience and/or a reviewable portfolio of work required
- Preferred experience building/maintaining consumer facing products
- Preferred experience working within Agile methodologies (SCRUM)
- Experience using both traditional Relational (e.g. MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. Redis)
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.