Software Engineer - Android
Vrbo is an Expedia brand with a passion for building world-class software and user-experiences. With a mobile team co-located in Austin, Texas, we’re looking for an empathetic, self-aware, hard-working, experienced and continually learning senior Android software engineer. Vrbo mobile offers a suite of traveler and partner apps. Whereas the traveler app specializes in helping travelers plan, book, and enjoy their dream vacation, the partner app provides the complement, enabling partners to seamlessly manage their vacation-rental business. Property editing, booking acceptance, traveler engagement across the lifecycle of the stay – all these and more are features offered to partners. In your new role, you will play a vital role in furthering our partner-facing Android application.What You'll Do:
- You will love this role if you’re wanting to work inane environment:
- That challenges you to think deeply about software architectural choices
- That encourages you to invest time into your craft and self-improvement, including time for reading books and attending conferences
- Where you’ll have the opportunity to influence tools and technology decisions
- Where design isn’t an afterthought
- Where risk-taking is encouraged
- Where you’ll have the support to make mistakes Where processes exist only to help the team progress
- Where you have a tangible opportunity to impact people's lives in a positive way
- Where diversity is valued, where empathy is offered, and where an individual’s needs are treated with utmost respect
You will be taking the reins of an app with a feature set that includes:
- Next gen messaging features to enable prompt communication with travelers and facilitate seamless and accurate booking
- Reservation management features that allow partners to view and manage the availability of their properties, as well as their guest’s bookings
- Property management features that allow partners to list and manage their properties—from content to pricing—and view analytics for their vacation rental business relative to the market standard
- Marketplace Feed features that ensure partners are always up to date with the most relevant, contextual information for their properties and travelers.
Successful contributors on the Android partner team exhibit more than just extraordinary technical prowess; they will possess uncanny product intuition, the ability to communicate effectively and they strive to be respectful and empathetic to everyone.Who You Are:
- 1+ year(s) experience developing Android apps
- Experience shipping Android apps to hundreds of thousands of customersAbility to collaborate and work towards results cross-team in a complex working environment
Technologies we like:
- iOS, NodeJS, GraphQL and/or React Native a plus
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on Vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares. If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.About Vrbo:
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of VRBO and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.