Software Engineer, Back End
Hangar is a leading drone software and analytics company. We help customers digitize their operations. We scan constructions sites, mines, solar fields, telecom infrastructure - even architectural heritage. Our flight app is the most powerful drone mission planner in the world today, allowing users to effortlessly perform complex flights and accurately scan even the most challenging terrain or structures. Our platform helps clients run their businesses more smoothly by providing a seamless, unified portal to manage assets, plan and schedule missions, view digital reconstructions of their sites, and to access detailed component analysis powered by pioneering machine learning and artificial intelligence.
We are looking for an experienced Backend Typescript/NodeJS Engineer, responsible for the development and maintenance of applications targeting a microservices architecture running in a Kubernetes environment. Your primary focus will be the development of new features and APIs supporting Hangar’s multi-tenant platform. Additional responsibilities will include the maintenance of build pipelines and continuous deployments, oversight of the Hangar cloud infrastructure, and mentorship of jr. team members. This position will require extensive use of TypeScript/NodeJS, Kubernetes, Docker, Google Cloud Compute and many other modern frameworks.
You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure stack. You will also be working directly with a Platform Engineering Team Lead to ensure the long term platform roadmap is executed successfully. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
- Work and collaborate with a team of platform engineers
- Develop and maintain backend APIs written in Typescript/NodeJS
- Design and architect platform components and subsystems
- Write reusable, testable, efficient code and unit tests
- Maintain existing Kubernetes microservices architecture
- Maintain existing Gitlab build pipeline and automation
- Resolve systematic bottlenecks and bugs
- Provide mentorship and best practices for junior team members
- Implement security and data protections
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Collaborate with product and operations teams on product roadmap
- Experience working in a microservices architecture
- Strong proficiency in Node.js and knowledge of common frameworks/libraries
- Strong proficiency in relationship databases and queries
- Strong proficiency in asynchronous programming
- Proficiency in build pipelines and continuous integration
- Experience integrating multiple data sources
- Experience designing data models and schema supporting business needs
- Experience with working with an agile development team
- Preferred background in Computer Science, Mathematics, and/or Engineering