Software Engineer, Backend at Unity Technologies
Cloud Content Delivery is an end-to-end content hosting and delivery platform for live games or applications that require content updates on a regular basis. We provide powerful workflow tools to game and application developers, allowing them to focus their resources on creating great content rather than building and maintaining content delivery pipelines.
We are looking for a backend software engineer to join the Cloud Content Delivery team who will help shape the future of the service. As a core individual contributor on a small team, you will help design, build, and deploy services related to content delivery to the largest game development community in the world. You will also play a key role in designing technical solutions that focus on system performance and reliability at the largest scale.
- Design, develop, and maintain new services and improve our existing services
- Ensure service scalability and reliability through effective code and data storage design
- Work closely with other Unity teams around the world to ensure developers have a consistently great experience across all Unity services
- Operate within a distributed team and collaborate with colleagues both local and remote
- Deliver high-quality, maintainable code
- Solid programming skills in your favorite language, even if it isn’t our own
- Experience designing, implementing, and testing service applications and systems
- Experience with continuous delivery and deployment
- Experience with unit testing and end-to-end test frameworks
- Schema design and implementation of SQL database systems
- Experience with any of our stack (Golang, Postgres, GCP, Kubernetes) is helpful, but not required - we are looking for great programmers that have a track record of solving problems in similar domains
- Experience working with various cloud platforms like AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Experience with DevOps (deployment, monitoring, automation, etc)
- Working knowledge of the Unity game engine
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.