Software Engineer, Developer Productivity at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is a company passionate about empowering engineers by providing them with database and data platform technologies that are intuitive, powerful, and scalable.
The Server engineers developing the MongoDB database require confidence in the absolute performance and correctness of the products they’re building. To meet this goal, the Server Tooling and Methods (STM) team is a Developer Productivity team specializing in building automated tools. We make it easy to verify both the correctness and performance of the database. The team combines skills in software development, systems engineering, and logical reasoning to build tools we’re proud of and to spread a culture of precision across the Server team.
- Understands the challenges of software development at scale and developing tools and automated systems to improve the developer experience.
- Interest in developing usable tools and frameworks to ensure continuous delivery of a complex distributed database system.
- Appetite for using cutting edge performance instrumentation and automate root cause analysis tools used in a highly-current and multithreaded environment.
- Excellent communication skills for interacting with other engineers in requirements gathering, design, proof-of-concept demonstrations, implementation, and adoption.
- Has experience writing libraries in one of the following languages: TypeScript, Python, C++17.
- Have familiarity with at least one of the following libraries: SpiderMonkey, gRPC, boost, node.js.
- Develop software that accelerates development feedback and provides high confidence in our industry-leading, mission-critical database and data platform.
- Work close to the kernel and networking protocol layer to build fault injection tools that reuse and amplify the power of existing tests.
- Devise techniques to help developers more quickly investigate and resolve issues like data consistency, data corruption, crashes, hangs, and race conditions.
- Provide a high-quality and consistent local experience for all aspects of performance benchmarks and correctness tests.
A software engineer is considered successful in this role after having taken on the following responsibilities:
- Technical: Successfully implemented one new feature that accelerates feedback, improves debuggability, or increases confidence in the product.
- Ownership: Actively participates in requirements gathering, design, development, testing, deployment, and monitoring.
- Reasoning: Detail clear and concise steps to reproduce a bug in a distributed environment and demonstrate a complete understanding of its root cause.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.