Software Engineer - DevOps
You're looking for an adventure where you can tackle complex problems, drive change, and build a powerful and novel product that detects malicious and inauthentic behavior online. You want to collaborate with people that creatively solve problems, make decisions with conviction and nerd out about the internet. You’re comfortable with being uncomfortable, and you thrive in an environment based on continual improvement. You aren’t afraid to try new things and make mistakes. If this sounds like you, we want you on our team!
New Knowledge is a fast-growing information integrity company on a mission to help our clients understand the internet. We use AI and machine learning to alert brands to potentially damaging online campaigns, and we are revolutionizing the way companies and industries make sense of disinformation, echo chambers, and filter bubbles. We are led by successful entrepreneurs, NSA veterans and disinformation industry experts. Current clients include Fortune 100 customers across a number of industries and our investors include Moonshots Capital, GGV Capital and Lux Capital.
We're looking for a Software Engineer with a passion for building tools and being a force multiplier for the engineering team. An engineer with previous DevOps experience and opinions on best CI/CD processes. In this role, you will be based out of our Austin office and will report to the Director of Engineering.
What you'll do:
We're creating a platform to help understand and explore online communities. Day-to-day you’ll work with a growing team of software engineers, front end engineers, and data-scientists. You'll build out systems that can scale and are reliable. Collaborating will be huge, and there's a lot to do - there's no shortage of exciting work. There are a lot of resources available to us and you'll be early in the company. You’ll have a huge impact!
What you have:
- Experience maintaining your team’s and/or organization’s CI/CD process
- Familiarity with AWS & associated ecosystem
- Helped engineering teams implement best practices around automated testing and deployments.
- Previous experience at startups or scaling enterprise SaaS applications is a plus
- Previous experience implementing best practices around logging & observability a plus
- Experience managing and maintaining infrastructure is a plus.
- Experience with microservice architectures a plus.
What You’ll Get:
- Purpose-driven work
- Market-leading salary and equity compensation
- Coverage under best in class, flexible medical, vision and dental plans
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to 4% of salary and immediate vesting
- Unlimited vacation that you’re encouraged to take, including paid parental leave
- Stocked kitchen full of healthy snacks and drinks
- Weekly catered lunch
- Free parking near our downtown office
- Free membership to onsite gym
- Annual budget to purchase books and educational subscriptions
- Monthly social events
- Many more benefits … apply to find out!