Software Engineer, EDR Strategy at CrowdStrike
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
As the core research and development arm of the CrowdStrike Falcon product, the Strategic Research Initiatives (SRI) Team is at the forefront of cutting-edge research into security-related systems and techniques. The team strives to deliver cross-platform features for mid to long-term, visionary projects that expand the capabilities of Falcon Sensor. New EDR techniques and data sources, UEFI/Hypervisor capability, PnP and network stack visibility, containerization, scripting engine introspection, and emulation/sandboxing are just a few examples of SRI projects.
Our Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) Team is all about finding unique, creative, and resourceful ways to extract data from the various platforms that the Falcon Sensor runs on, by using OS-provided callback technologies, clean, compatible & robust hooking techniques, and mandatory access control authorization and other system call filtering tools available in various platforms. Whether it`s by reverse engineering a new, unknown, ability to monitor certain system behaviors, or by creating an entirely new stack of components on top of a filtering mechanism, while also keeping up-to-date with OS platform improvements, there`s never a dull moment on this challenging team. We are eager to find those who want to move past traditional security approaches and are passionate about working with us to expand our next generation behavioral based malware detection platform.
The preferred candidate will have a working proficiency in or significant contextual appreciation of these areas:
- Degree in Computer Science (or commensurate experience in data structures/algorithms/distributed systems)
- Proficient in developing in the C/C++ programming language
- Ability to design robust and scalable code that might run in highly resource constrainted environments
- Reverse engineering with IDA Pro or similar tools
- Skilled in the use of Windows Debugging Tools (Ollydbg, WinDbg) or other OS debuggers (gdb, lldb)
- Good understanding of Windows or other OS systems internals, both in user and kernel-mode
- Git, or other shared repository technologies, team-based software development and build processes (Atlassian Jira/Bamboo, GitLabs, Jenkins, …)
- Team player, preferably familiar with Agile or Kanban methodologies
The ideal candidate will additionally have working proficiency in some of these areas:
- Information security operations, incident response, and intrusion/event analysis
- Cyber threat tactics, techniques, procedures, and tradecraft
- Software engineering of Cloud-scale Enterprise software products, including a deep understanding of application compatibility, system stability, customer feature asks, distributed systems and scalability challenges.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.