Software Engineer, Engineering Corps at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB seeks software engineers to help TechOps grow its internal service offerings by orders of magnitude. Central to TechOps’ ability to provide the myriad of technical resources utilized daily by all company employees, the Engineering Corps is the first team called upon to realize and develop internal technical solutions to problems facing individual employees, teams, departments, and the company as a whole. The team is made up of renaissance persons with a large breadth of expertise and areas of interest. They are full-stack engineers in practice, database and sys admins when necessary, and experienced service providers with a track record of timely delivery and delighted customers.Our Ideal candidate
- Has 1-2 years of experience developing APIs with Python
- Has experience with React or Angular.
- Is familiar with source-control systems, preferably Git.
- Is comfortable developing in a Linux environment and familiar with Docker & CI/CD.
- Has excellent communication skills and a desire to experiment.
- Is collaborative, detail-oriented, and passionate about developing usable software.
- Develop features and write tests for a suite of internal tools and services.
- Contribute to functional specifications and design.
- Regularly review application code.
- Have lots of fun doing all of the above things.
- In three months you will have made several small contributions to our codebase and documentation.
- In six months you will be a resident specialist with one of our applications and make regular contributions.
- In one year you will be well on your way towards developing a major feature (or two!).
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.