Software Engineer - Expert at Q2
Q2 is seeking a Senior Backend Developer who will be integral to a small, top-talent team tasked with growing Q2's payments platform. You will help plan, design, develop, test, debug, and deploy distributed, highly available applications and services. Our back-end is built using ASP.NET Core and C#. We embrace open source software both as consumers and contributors. We are looking for a full-stack developer that has exceptional front-end talent.
- Research, architect, and build sub-systems that successfully integrate with new and existing platforms
- Dissolve complex requirements into meaningful, manageable units of work
- Thrive on a small team of highly skilled, motivated peers
- Apply advanced design patterns and technologies when appropriate without over-engineering solutions
- Own the responsibility of developing high quality software with the right balance of test automation
- Responsible for ensuring that all security, availability, confidentiality and privacy policies and controls are adhered to
- Communicate and document efforts to both technical and non-technical audiences
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems
- 12 years of related experience; or an advanced degree with 8+ years of experience; or equivalent related work experience.
- 3+ years of experience consuming/creating JSON-based, RESTful APIs
- Experience with test automation frameworks and auto-mocking tooling
- Practical experience with Domain Driven Design and SOLID principles
- Qualifications that make you stand out over others:
- Domain knowledge and experience in the banking industry
- Experience designing and developing highly scalable, enterprise-grade, event-driven systems
- Experience with Event Sourcing and CQRS-based systems
- Experience with build and deployment automation (e.g., TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Docker
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.