Software Engineer (Full-stack)
What you'll do and experience required
- 3+ years *minimum* of commercial software development experience. Please note this is a mid-level role, not junior or entry.
- You’ll contribute significant, product-defining features within your first few weeks, working full stack and end to end, tackling larger challenges as quickly as you can.
- You’ll develop deep expertise in our product, architecture and tech stack over your first couple months, establishing yourself as a technical leader on the team and growing our continuous improvement culture.
- You’ll be thrown into a close-knit team that moves fast, values failure when it teaches us something, and wants people to solve problems. You’ll thrive as someone who learns quickly, works well independently and with others, and above all gets stuff done.
- You should have a deep dedication to software quality. You're the type that wants to never make the same mistake twice, see a repeat bug, or ship features which don’t meet our high standards. Most likely, you are a strong advocate for usability, code quality, good architecture or something similar.
- You should be someone who will easily become passionate about our product and its success. You want to understand our business model and our users, then work hard to make our product the best it can be.
- You'll work with React (migrating from AngularJS) and React Native for our web and mobile platforms respectfully, along with Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL and ElasticSearch on our backend.
- We’d like you to have some experience working as a full stack engineer on a modern engineering team. More important though is your ability to quickly learn new things, manage your own productivity, and improve yourself and our product every single day. If this is you, we want to meet you.
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid health insurance
- Daily catered meals
- Competitive commuter benefits
- Work from home flexibility
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
- Career development opportunities + partial reimbursement for ongoing education
- $2,000 vacation stipend on your 3 year anniversary