Software Engineer, Full Stack at Self Financial (Austin, TX or Remote)
About the job
Senior Software Engineer
Self Financial is a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech company with a mission to increase economic inclusion and financial resilience by empowering people to build credit and build savings.
We're looking for people who share our passion and are driven to tackle challenges, find solutions and make the financial space better for the communities we serve.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by providing people with accessible tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can benefit from them the most, particularly the 100 million+ Americans who have no or low credit.
About the Role:
You will be joining a team that is developing and supporting a back-office application used by our bank partners for reports and invoices that reflect the activity of Self users. You will develop the services and infrastructure needed to provide essential partner-facing solutions at a massive scale. You will work with your team lead, development team, and product manager to build tools and systems required for us to service our financial products to our large customer base. You will report to an engineering manager and work with our amazing team of professional engineers.
What you’ll have:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- Fluency with the development of Python code in a production environment.
- Extensive experience building and consuming REST APIs to work with other services
- Proficiency with SQL and relational databases such as PostgreSQL.
- Experience in the container orchestration space (Docker, ECS).
- Experience with AWS and cloud architectures/services is a plus.
- Experience with common software engineering tools such as Git (or other VCS), JIRA, Confluence, and similar platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline is a plus but not required
Benefits and Perks:
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. But, there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many startups cannot: we can positively change the world while making a profit. We are a team of Builders, empowering our customers to build their dreams. We have a Do the Right Thing ethos in all that we do, and we hope you value that approach, too.
Our perks include:
- Stock options
- Quarterly performance-based bonuses
- Generous employer-paid health, vision, and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Free at-home workout through Sworkit
- Casual dress code
- Team building events and activities
- Remote work arrangements/ flexible work schedule
- Monthly $100 COVID stipend through the end of 2021
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.