Coder is a remote-first company, with our home base in Austin, TX.
Coder is a platform for developers by developers. If you are passionate about developer workflows, tools, automation, open source, and want to have an impact on the way code is written, you should apply.
The Coder enterprise team is seeking a Senior Engineer to help build out our cloud platform. We are looking for candidates that are passionate about developer workflow and want to make a world-class remote development experience.
Your responsibilities at Coder would be to
- Writing, reviewing, and owning features primarily written in Go.
- Implementing tracing and analytics for the platform.
- Debugging and triaging technical support requests.
- Managing our CI/CD pipeline.
You may be a fit for the role if you have
- 4 years experience working as a backend software engineer
- 2 years experience developing in Go
- Familiarity with a git-based development workflow
- Understanding of testing principles and a focus on developing composable high-quality software.
Bonus points if you have
- Experience with administering Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with Google Cloud.
- Experience with SQL, general database knowledge
You should include these in your application
- Resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- GitHub and/or personal blog/portfolio if available
We believe that the interview process should be consistent and enjoyable. We prefer to have the entire process take no more than 3 full weeks. During these 3 weeks you will be able to meet a mix of individual contributors, managers, and one of our Co-Founders. If you interview for a position that requires a take home assessment, we will compensate you for your work and time spent.
What Makes Coder Different?
Coder is an engineering-first organization. Our product is built by engineers, for engineers. We’re committed to building an organization and product optimized for engineering happiness. You can expect a fast-paced workflow and minimal meetings. Coder is a remote first company with our HQ in Austin, TX. 🤠
Our basic requirements for employment are:
- A passion for your craft
- A desire to be successful
If you do not meet the above criteria, but still believe that you can deliver results, please write a brief description detailing how you intend to do that
Read Full Job Description