Software Engineer - Golang at LogicMonitor
LogicMonitor is the leading SaaS-based performance monitoring platform for enterprise IT.
We love going to work and think you should too. We are customer-obsessed, work as one team, and strive to be better every day. These are our core values. So it's no surprise that we work hard and genuinely have fun working with each other to achieve great things together.
Right now, we are working from home temporarily due to Covid. Normally, our Austin team works downtown in the San Jacinto Center. We are looking for you to bring your expertise, drive, and passion as we expand our global presence and achieve record-breaking success.
LogicMonitor is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees, where different backgrounds and perspectives are valued and encouraged - regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We encourage all people to come as they are.
We operate with integrity, esteem diversity and treat each other fairly and with respect. We strive to find our own versions of personal and professional harmony through community building and holistic growth. We hear time and time again that our awesome people are a huge part of why LMers chose LogicMonitor, love their teams, and choose to stay.
To learn more about life at LogicMonitor, check out our Careers Page.
What You’ll Do:
The Software Engineer on the Engineering team is responsible for the design, architecture, implementation, and quality control of business critical software development within customer-facing applications as well as internal tools used by development and technical operations organizations. This includes investigating and resolving bugs and implementing new features and components, as required, in any backend applications. A successful Software Engineer will produce all required functionality in a timely manner and will communicate and work with colleagues to solve problems and improve the systems they work with.
- Prioritize and plan for deliverables in an iterative development strategy.
- Design, document, code, and test technical solutions for new systems or enhancements to existing systems.
- Improve API, queue processors, ingress data flow, and microservice components.
- Work with various teams in Airbrake and LogicMonitor to deliver software products that support LogicMonitor's business growth.
- Envision system features and functionalities by analyzing business requirements.
- Troubleshoot and resolve product/application issues for escalated support cases.
- Collaborate with a diverse, distributed development organization. Our development team spans multiple cities in the US and Asia.
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of software development experience in commercial or enterprise applications.
- 4+ years of full-time experience as a Golang developer.
- Strong understanding of Golang module dependency framework, concurrency model, etc.
- Strong understanding of container technology (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Strong understanding of modern web architectures, micro-services
- Strong debugging skills, application performance analysis.
Residents of California, click Here to view our California Applicant Privacy Notice.