BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
The BigCommerce Engineering team is on a mission to build the leading SaaS ecommerce platform. Our global team of engineers works from our Austin, San Francisco, Kiev, and Sydney offices and are focused on building the right product for our customers in the right way.
With established career paths, continuing education opportunities, and exciting technical challenges, BigCommerce Engineering is a great place to start or continue your career journey.
At BigCommerce, a “Best Place to Work 2021” in Austin, Sydney, and San Francisco, we are a company of talented professionals, who care deeply about both our customers and our culture. We believe in the power of working together, striving at the edge of what’s possible, impacting the lives of billions for the better. We believe in collaboration, creativity, personal growth, and inspiration, and we believe diversity is our undeniable strength.
Our Mobile team is made of folks who are excited about mobile app design and development, and who embrace the challenge of these devices and platforms evolving year after year. We are seeking an Android engineer to join our team, help expand the features of our store management app for merchants and build new mobile app experiences. We work with engineering teams across the organization and around the globe. We learn, we share, and we celebrate.
**To be considered applicants must reside in the United States**
You can learn more about our mobile platform here:
Who You Are
- Have completed either a comprehensive software engineering bootcamp, a CS or equivalent degree, or have relevant work experience
- Be excited about mobile platforms: the devices, the software, and the possibilities
- Be creative, and like to work on greenfield projects
- Be interested in working with and learning from experienced developers
- Have at least 6 months of experience working with Kotlin on Android, or mobile development experience and looking to transition to Kotlin
- Familiarity with modern programming principles
Bonus/Nice to have skills
- Good understanding of Material Design and the Android SDK
- Experience with using REST APIs to power an application
- Experience supporting the entire application lifecycle of a consumer app (concept, design, test, iteration, publish, and support)
Our Hiring Processes Might Include
We want to see your problem-solving and analytical skills. Be prepared to write good, clean, scalable code. You don’t need to know our entire stack, but we’re looking for practical experience, someone who can solve production problems in the cloud.
- Recruiter Phone Screen
- Hiring Manager Screening
- Online Code Assessment
- Final Team Interview
- Note: Visa Work Authorization Sponsorship Supported and Relocation Assistance Provided