Software Engineer I, Ruby (Billing Team) at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a “Best Place to Work” in Austin, is looking for a full-time Software Engineer I to join our Billing Platform team in the exciting and rapidly growing e-commerce industry.
The BigCommerce engineering team is on a mission to build the leading SaaS ecommerce platform. Our global team of engineers works from our Austin, San Francisco, and Sydney offices and are focused on building the right product for our customers in the right way.
On the Billing Platform team, we build and extend the tools, marketplaces, and frameworks that enable our merchants and partners to manage their experience. Our primary languages are Ruby and React + TypeScript. Architecturally, we use REST APIs, gRPC, and we leverage a host of internal deployment and cloud infrastructure tools.
Be a member of our Billing Platform team, working with team members to extend our products and integrate with a broad array of internal and external services. BigCommerce offers a heavily collaborative environment helping you expand your skill set and take ideas from inception to delivery.
What You’ll Do
- Build systems and APIs that provide world-class features to our merchants, platform, and internal business users
- Write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise
- Collaborate with our product and design teams to define feature specifications and timelines
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures
- Participate in code reviews to maintain and improve quality
- Own product support on a rotating basis
- Support an open, positive, and energized culture
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement
Who You Are
- At least 1 year experience as a software engineer in Ruby or a similar language
- You’re a trusted engineer who has relevant work experience, completed either a comprehensive Software Engineering boot camp, CS, EE, SW, CE or MIS degree; or equivalent experience
- Experience with Next.js is a plus
- Think iteratively by breaking down problems into smaller, deliverable / deployable pieces
- Excited to learn about gRPC, RabbitMQ, Google Cloud, and caching solutions
- Experience in highly scalable service-oriented architectures is a plus
Our Hiring Processes Might Include
We want to see your problem-solving and analytical skills. Be prepared to write good, clean, scalable code. You don’t need to know our entire stack, but we’re looking for practical experience, someone who can solve production problems in the cloud.
- Recruiter Phone Screen
- Hiring Manager Screening
- Online Code Assessment
- Final Team Interview