Software Engineer I
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
Forcepoint is seeking a full-time professional services engineer to facilitate installation, configuration, integration and training of our commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) cyber products. This individual must be highly motivated, have great interpersonal skills, and be a quick learner.The successful candidate will be offered specialized training to support our technologies and is expected to become proficient in all aspects of complex software solution deployment.
U.S. Citizenship or green card status required.
This position will require up to 75% domestic and international travel.
To be considered, you must be willing to travel and reside within close proximity of a major airport.
U.S. Citizenship and valid passport required.
- Provide engineering, installation, configuration, integration and training of Forcepoint commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) cyber products
- Provide training, troubleshooting, and on-site support to customers
- Prepare technical documentation to include as-built design, requirements, Standard Operating Procedures
- Provide technical briefings to customer leadership and Forcepoint corporate leadership as required.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Basic to intermediate network administration knowledge (TCP/IP, firewalls, routers, etc.)
- Basic to intermediate Linux/Unix administration knowledge
- Basic to Intermediate Windows administration knowledge
- Basic understanding of security design and architecture, Active Directory/LDAP, and computer virtualization
- Must be able to coordinate collaboratively with customers and across multiple internal departments
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving installation or application errors
- Experience with supporting/addressing customer training objectives
- Must be able to work and collaborate remotely with management and team members
- Security COTS product integration (e. g. firewall, web gateways, Data Loss Prevention)
- Shell scripting
- Prefer BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Security or equivalent work experience
- Technical certifications preferred