Software Engineer I
Join the SecOps software revolution at Rapid7, building amazing user experiences with the latest technologies. As a member of the InsightVM team in Austin, Texas you will help us build the best vulnerability management solution in the industry. We are looking for the brightest and most passionate software developers to lead the charge as we continue to revolutionize and innovate in the security software arena. The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver with passion and hunger to make an impact.
To learn more about Rapid7 and InsightVM https://www.rapid7.com/products/insightvm/
- Build scalable microservices to process security and network data.
- Bring all your creativity and engineering skills to help us simplify security for our users.
- Collaborate with UX experts, product managers and the rest of our diverse and passionate organization to build the best experience possible for our customers in an agile and flexible environment.
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Experience in Object-Oriented programming with Java or similar language
- Dedication, passion, and an eagerness to learn and grow
- Understanding of RESTful APIs
- Participate in all facets of the SDLC (from the initial concept to the final release)
- Review code and technical documents
- Contribute to our quality focused environment with new unit & functional tests
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with Relational and/or NoSql databases a plus
- Experience with cloud providers and microservices development are strong plusses
- As a core member of the InsightVM engineering team, you will have the following opportunities to excel and grow in your career
- Participate in quarterly/yearly hackathons winning awesome prizes.
- Work on your own yearly projects with a team to earn mighty bonuses!
- Get nominated to represent Rapid7 at various security conferences like BSides, Blackhat, AWS ReInforce/Reinvent, LASCON.