Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents, so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Care.com offers an array of services that enable families to find, manage and pay for care and provide employment opportunities for caregivers. Our engineering organization is reimagining our tech stacks and consolidating to a single cloud native platform so we can test and learn faster. The new platform is composed of gRPC microservices and Lambdas in Go, Kafka streams, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, GraphQL, and micro-frontends on Node and React. We're utilizing industry best practices and tools like OpenTelemetry, Splunk, Github, SignalFX, Figma and others to make our lives easier.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, great teammates, and big thinkers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you enjoy solving big problems and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, this is the place for you.
What You'll Be Working On:
- Evaluate and recommend tools and technologies to ensure the highest quality product platform
- Collaborate with peer organizations, quality assurance and end users to produce cutting-edge software solutions
- Develop highly available and highly scalable applications
- Generate technical documentation as well as unit and functional tests
- Shape development processes to promote a high-quality output while continuing to iterate
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of team members
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Technology team as a Software Engineer II, Backend. The candidate would join a small, agile team responsible for building a platform to support our community team. The candidate will be responsible for the analysis, design, programming, testing, documentation, and implementation of new product features.
- 3+ Years Professional Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Systems or some form of Engineering
- Experience with AWS infrastructure
- Experience developing scalable, multi-tier web solutions, ideally for a consumer website
- Experience with relational databases, document databases and/or key/value stores
- Experience with the following:
- Java and J2EE technologies
- Golang experience preferred
- gRPC and GraphQL APIs
- AWS Lambdas
- AWS Step Functions & Express Workflows
- Amazon EventBridge
- AWS DynamoDB
- AWS Cloud Development Kit
For a list of our Perks + Benefits, click here!
**Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Care.com is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please contact [email protected]**
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families, to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).